"Mash" Paddle at Home Depot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkincaid

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Check out the link below.... It's a crawfish paddle that I found at HD last night and I am planning on taking a dremel to mine and turning it into a Mash Paddle. You can't beat that price $8.97! Yes.. it's even Pine, not crap pressboard or particle board! I figure i'll get some tung oil (FDA food safe) to seal it I included a pic below too.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...n.endeca.EndecaDataBean@46b5b1b8&ddkey=Search

P.S. I have no clue what to carve into it. :cross:

....I didn't want to be in the pic cause I look like a mess. Just woke up and getting ready for brew day..

Photo 95.jpg

Lucky Sonofagun :mug:
I went to my local HD after reading a thread on HBT about the Crawfish paddle... Unfortunately its an online only purchase at my location.

Lucky Sonofagun :mug:
I went to my local HD after reading a thread on HBT about the Crawfish paddle... Unfortunately its an online only purchase at my location.

That sucks! I'm sorry... At my HD it was WAY in the back by the turkey fryers. I was there looking for wood to make one, when the guy helping us said they already had something like I was looking for. I'm on a roll with the luck thing. :)

I picked up a piece of railing last Sunday from the 'scrap' box. Someone cut what they needed and left the perfect size for me. A little sanding and it will do great..... I don't want to say the price, but the little 'slacker' didn't want bothered to search for the UPC code... Sometimes the slacker generation is kind. He still needed to pull his pants up :)

Found mine at Cabela's. Think it's made of ash. Definitly not pine. Sanded it and drilles some holes. Didn't seal it and after a brew it doesn't even look used.

Wow, the crawfish around here aren't that big, nor are they so unruly they need that sort of scolding.:D

Back