3rd Annual N. St. Paul Brew Together

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seabee John

Swing the BIG hammer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's that time again....

When: 16 January 2010 morning til... who knows?

Where: Seabee John's place; N. St. Paul Minnesota - PM for directions

What: Brewing beer, drinking beer, eating food, enjoying conversation

Who: any Brewer or aspiring brewer that can make it.

What to bring: you, your brew rig (hook ups for 110 or 220) & propane. Bring your homebrew to share (keg taps available)

Cost: TBD we are bringing in a smoker early the day before to prepare some delicious pig. cost will cover food, drink, & equipment rental (tent, porta john - if needed) If you are bringing homebrew to share, your cost will be reduced

If you can, bring someone interested in brewing. Don't have a brewrig? bring supplies (and a carboy) and brew on one of our rigs. Extract setups available as well.

RSVP by PM with a guest count (or post in this thread) so we have an accurate amount food, brewing space, beer etc. Please note in RSVP if you are bringing a brewrig, if you need power, and how much space is needed.

Here's to seeing good friends again, making new ones, and great brewdays! :mug:

-John

** some of last years crew **
brewday011.JPG

My wife and I are sad to miss this event but look forward to the next home brew gathering. Thanks for the invite.

Ok, here's the latest update:

At present, we'll have about 25 of us present throughout the day. Of that, we'll have two "Brutus Ten" all grain brewing systems, Slnies' BCS-460 RiMS system, and my humble RiMS, of these, 3 of them will be available to brew on. Just PM me if you are interested.

A few new additions this year including My nephew Curt with his smoker cooking up both "Porky and Bambi". A couple of new extract brewers trying their hand, and of course, I roped Tim (08's Minnesota State Fair Best of show winner) into joining us again to share tips, taste your brew, and rip mine to shreds.... :confused:

We've got the costs down as well:

$15 bucks for all you can eat/drink
$5 bucks if you are going to brew (my wife sees the power & water bills)
-$5 Bucks if you are bringing some homebrew to sample - I really want to encourage people to bring samples of their brew - even if it's just a six pack - this is the place and time to get an honest review of your brew - so, bring some beer, and we'll knock $5 off the cost.

Really, think about it... 15 bucks for dinner and beer? where you going to find that? Maybe someplace that serves bud light lime.....

Hope you can join us

-John

my cousin ( a cop ) lives near Minneapolis. He is interested in Homebrew after my chats with him.
I may direct him to you if that is cool.

let me know.

I plan on bringing my full rig also a Brutus 10 design. Ill bring enougm supply to brew 2 10 gallon batches, time permitting.

Hey, I am available on Sat and just caught this thread. My rig is not portable (at least not yet), but I'd like to join to observe and and I can bring a corny of one of my two extract brews that are conditioned.

Hey, I am available on Sat and just caught this thread. My rig is not portable (at least not yet), but I'd like to join to observe and and I can bring a corny of one of my two extract brews that are conditioned.

Sounds great! you are more than welcome. If you'd like, bring a carboy, and supplies, and we'll get you in on a 10 gallon batch on one of our rigs with another brewer. PM me for more info

-j

On another note, there will be components of brew rigs past (or future) on hand if anyone is looking to purchase equipment. Nicksteck has a full gravity feed All Grain system from midwest for sale (coolers & polar ware kettle), I've got a cooler style MLT I'd part with, along with a sanke keg or two I'd let go for an aspiring all grain brewer.

It was a lot of fun and nice to meet new people. I got lots of ideas seeing all the different brew setups. The beer and food were real good too. Even the SWMBO had a good time.

Can't wait til next time. :mug:

ok here are the photos
The pre-party friday night

preparty01.jpg

preparty02.jpg

preparty03.jpg

Smoker in the back yard

preparty04.jpg

40 lbs of yummy smoked pork

solomons.jpg

Casey (left) joined us while on leave from Afganistan

photos from Saturdays brewday - over 15 gallons of homebrew consumed and 55 gallons of homebrew produced

brewday01.jpg

beer, food, conversation, and brewing!

brewday02.jpg

rigs

brewday03.jpg

more rigs

brewday04.jpg

chow time

brewday05.jpg

passing the brew knowledge

more brewday photos:

brewday07.jpg

deep discussions... er... beer drinking and BSing

brewday06.jpg

some of the brewcrew

brewday08.jpg

Prost!

All in all a fantastic event! about 25 people joined us throughout the day. My nephew Curt's smoked pork was a big hit and all the beers were pretty good too!

Can't wait till next year.
-j

I'm so sorry I missed this! I want to come to the next one, so please let me know so I can put it on my calendar. I think retirement is going to be busier than working!

I'm so sorry I missed this! I want to come to the next one, so please let me know so I can put it on my calendar. I think retirement is going to be busier than working!

Yoop,
I'll make sure to get the info to you next year. We may have a summer version, but I've found that folks are less likely to come in the summer due to busy schedules.... but maybe we can still get something going. I wish I could have traveled out your way for past events, but alas... I'm a poor college student :( lol not to mention if I'm going to vacation somewhere, the wife says it's going to be sunny, warm, and near a beach.

Latest posts

Back