Brew Hardware (www.brewhardware.com)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MalFet

/bɪər nɜrd/
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, new forum!

Let me start it off by saying that I had a great experience buying from brewhardware.com. I ordered their combination sight-glass and thermometer and had it in my hands in just a couple of days. The installation guide videos are also top notch.

I have built more than a dozen keggles for friends and fellow home brewers over the past couple of years. I always go back to BrewHardware.com for my stainless sight glasses. They are the best quality, best price and I highly recommend them.

My experience with BrewHardware.com was great price and quick shipping. I bought a sightglass/thermo combo, step bit, digital thermometer.

Found Brewhardware.com via Homebrewtalk.com and I couldn't have better things to say about Bobby_M and that operation. He worked with me for about a month until I finally made up my mind on what I wanted. The shipping was really fast and the prices are great. I can't wait to order from here again!

Great expierence shot him a PM today and was told he is about 3 days behind. I got an E-mail stating it has shipped. Now I have a project for the weekend thanks Bobby.

Yes, I agree Bobby is great. I've had many great purchases from him. Probably is gonna be moved here by the mods though.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f173/

Oooops! I didn't scroll down far enough! I just felt the need to commend a vendor when they have done such a great job!

And Bobby... you have answered many a questions for me on these threads! I will be needing another dip tube soon so I'll be calling your way too!

Another very happy brew hardware.com customer here. Just received my full fittings kit for my Xmas brew kettle. Am concerned the budget kettle I picked might not live up to all this awesome bling! I am going with an 11 gal bayou classic with Bobby's sight glass, 3" thermometer and the big ball valve. Maybe someday this will be my hlt but can't wait to do my first full (in one pot...) boil in a couple weeks.

Service and shipping was fantastic, Bobby even talked me out of buying a part I don't really need after I'd already paid!

Thanks Bobby!

I sent this email to Bobby today:

Hey Bobby,
I just wanted to drop you a message. Today I received the two weldless bulkheads I ordered on the 24th. First off, thanks a lot for sending them so quickly, especially during the holiday week. I installed them in about 5 minutes, and I can now brew with my new MLT on Monday. Thanks, dude.

Just a bit of the backstory: I originally ordered a couple of weldless bulkheads from another vendor. His weldless bulkheads suck. They consist of a close nipple, a coupling, a shim washer, and a giant, fat o-ring. They didn't come with hex nuts, which cause the fat o-ring to compress unevenly against the kettle. No matter how I tried, the damn thing leaked every time. I installed yours extremely quickly and had no trace of water outside the kettle.

Anyway, thanks again. Good stuff.

Just ordered my keggle fittings from Bobby. Because I contacted him with questions before the keggle was welded, he was able to help me steer my welder into a much more usable coupler configuration than we had originally planned. I'm very happy with the result. He certainly went above and beyond to help me with that. He also helped me with heat shield selection. Once I got the keg from the welder, I sent him a picture, and it turned out that it was slightly different that ordered (one coupler 1/2" half instead of 1/4" half - no big deal). Bobby noticed I ordered the wrong heat shield for the different fitting and fixed the order for me before shipping. Again, above and beyond.

Items shipped USPS Priority, which usually arrived in 2 business days (but is not guaranteed). I prefer this over FedEx or UPS ground.

Timeline:
26 Dec 2012 (Wed) 13:37 - Emailed Bobby for help selecting fittings for contracted keggle build
26 Dec 2012 (Wed) 14:55 - Reply received with suggestions for keggle layout and fittings.
27 Dec 2012 (Thu) 12:00 - Sent updated keggle specs to welder
28 Dec 2012 (Fri) 16:00 - Picked up keggle from welder
29 Dec 2012 (Sat) 23:48 - Placed order for thermometer, sight glass, and ball valve, plus some accessories.
29 Dec 2012 (Sat) 23:52 - Emailed Bobby pictures of keggle and asked him to look over order before shipping.
30 Dec 2012 (Sun) 06:56 - Tracking information received.
30 Dec 2012 (Sun) 06:57 - Reply received, fixed my order before shipping.
01 Jan 2013 (Tue) 18:54 - No tracking status yet. Sent email asking if it would arrive before the 11th.
01 Jan 2012 (Tue) 20:34 - Reply received. Order is on dock waiting for pickup and expected to be delivered on 01/04.

World class seller. I got caught up in the craziness that is shipping slowness around the holidays (X-mas and New Years, nothing moves), but was well taken care of. Highly recommend. :eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar:/5

Just ordered some peripherals for my 45 gallon HLT. Everything shipped really fast, and was well packaged. Notes as to how to install, where items were in the package, etc. were all helpful.

Thanks, Bobby!

Bobby is fantastic. One of the best sellers I have bought from in my many years of buying products online. He will always be my number 1 goto guy for hardware.

I've only ordered maybe three or four times. Stickers for the carboy, CDN thermometers, wieldless attachments. Booby_M has been great in answering my basic questions and offering advice. BrewHardware.com is topnotch. BTW, the vinyl stickers for measuring gallons on the carboy are fantastic.

I couldnt be happier with my recent purchase from Bobby. I bought the pump connection kit for my new chugger. So much easier then trying to piece it all together and Bobby answered a bunch of questions and was really helpful.

I just ordered a mess of camlocks, thermometers, sight glass, hosing, etc and couldn't be happier with how fast it got here, and how nicely it was packed. I've already got more upgrades brewing in my head and won't hesitate to order from BrewHardware.com again. Thanks Bobby!

I ordered a refractometer and a scale on Monday. My order arrived today. Good prices, quick service and the shipping was reasonable. What more can a guy ask for?

I wish I had thought to order a t-shirt...

Kudos to Bobby for resolving a shipping error made by USPS (i.e. not even remotely his fault). He gave me a refund towards my current order to make up for my previous, lost order - even though I didn't ask him to.

That just led me to place another order with him, and I will undoubtedly place some more in the future.

Best,

Steve Lamade

I concur with the others. I had ordered weldless sight glasses from a different vendor and I could not get them to stop leaking no matter what I tried! I installed Bobby's from brewhardware and have never had a leak since installing. My only regret is I wish I would've bought his first so I didn't waste money on the first ones from the other vendor. Great quality sight tube!

Love Bobby at Brew Hardware. Just made another order and it got here faster than I could've imagined. Well thought out products at great prices and quick shipping.

I too am grateful to Bobby and Brewhardware.com. He offers a level of personal service and availability that is simply wonderful. I was happy to shop with him and will do so again in the near future. N_G

I emailed Bobby with a hardware question and he recommended a less expensive setup. He would rather have a happy customer than a few extra dollars in his pocket. Smart business.

There are two businesses with similar names and they have gotten confused in this thread. One is www.brewershardware.com and the other is www.brewhardware.com I will clean this up and move posts into the right thread. Please, in the future, only post reviews in this thread for Brew Hardware, not Brewers Hardware. Post review for Brewers Hardware in its own thread.

Another happy customer. There was one part in my first order that got mixed up, but these things happen and it was happily corrected by Bobby for free. Would recommend to anyone.

I've been visiting brewhardware.com for all of my hardware (and some miscellany) needs for about 3 years now, buying all range of parts from a sightglass, to pumps, to a refractometer, to volume-marking stickers, to teflon tape. Most recently, I relied on brewhardware.com to supply all of the hardware and tubing I would need to build out a new three-vessel, HERMS-equipped brewhouse. To date, having having made close to 10 purchases, totaling over $750 in hardware, I have not ever received a shipment that included an incorrect part or one that did not work (and does not still work) as advertised.

I started buying from brewhardware.com because the prices were good and I was impressed by the information on the site and the accompanying videos, which made things easier for me to understand and gave me confidence that I was buying the right parts. I continue shopping there (now more than ever) because it is reliable, it ships quickly, and the customer service is top-notch. When I've needed to return parts (due to my mistakes in misidentifying my needs), the process at brewhardware.com has been easy and hassle-free. Bobby has also been very responsive in quickly answering my questions (via phone and email), and willing to custom-fabricate parts (again due to my mistakes in misidentifying my needs).

The emphasis that brewhardware.com places on customer satisfaction is very evident, and I would happily give it my highest endorsement. Thanks, Bobby!

I asked a question about a pump kit, answered in a few hours and I didn't waste money on a couple of parts I thought I needed. The setup worked perfectly, high quality parts, got my order in a couple of days, I highly recommend brewhardware. Also the parts for a comparable quick disconnect setup would have been almost double at a couple of the big full service home brewing online stores, saved me almost a $100.

+1 for Brew Hardware. Bobby is running a top notch service and has top shelf items. I learned a lot just watching his how-to vid's and put together a very nice boil kettle with therm and valves, pumping to plate chiller capability which is a blessing to my beer!

Seriously, a very good resource.

Just a shout out for brewhardware.com & Bobby M. I shot him an email 4 days ago with some concerns I had about some parts I ordered last spring. It was close to midnight his time & he responded within ten minutes. I sent him some pics the next evening detailing the problem & by nightfall he responded. I found a package on the porch tonight with the replacement parts.

Now that's what I call customer service! I won't hesitate for a second to do business again.

Thanks Bobby...:mug:

I got my order and I'm happy with it. Everything is heavy duty and high quality.

Minor frustration:
At first I couldn't get the tri-clover to close down on my bottom drain sanke adapter, but a large pair of pliers helped close it enough to screw it down. For keggle noobs like myself, adding a little more to the installation instructions could help. I checked the site but found those particular instructions to be very basic.( I had thought it would be a simple thing too). Having never touched a tri-clover clamp before, I didn't know if I should force it with another tool or not. After several minutes, I got frustrated. I tried the large pliers and it worked just fine. It would be nice to have another 1/4-1/2” of thread on that particular tri-clamp so it could be screwed tight without needing another tool but I think clearance in the knob would be an issue. Maybe that's just how all tri- fittings are? Maybe I'm just weak? Like I said, I've never used one before. It looks like an excellent connection when installed.

One other minor thing that slightly bothered me but really doesn't matter: The "special" gasket for the bottom drain sanke adapter is clearly a regular gasket that has had the ridge cut off of one side. I think "modified" would be a more accurate term. Knowing that you have had some of your products custom made, I sort of assumed a "special" gasket would be a custom manufactured part. It works fine, but I'm guessing it was a regular gasket that was shaved down with a razor blade by hand. I read somewhere that that was the method for the prototype or something. If it would have cut the cost of the bottom-drain kit significantly, I'd have been happy to shave that off myself, but that's me. Not really important, but it just struck me as an inaccurate descriptor of the gasket.

Overall, I'm very happy with everything and would order it all again.

Ordered 2 sight glass replacements and some tubing. All as expected, good quality stuff. Shipping time was decent. I'm so used to Amazon Prime I find anything over 2 days difficult :)

Packaging was terrible. Box was semi-crushed which, might seem like a shipper problem but there was minimal internal cushioning, some odd cardboard scraps stuffed in there. It was very unprofessional looking. Could improve in that area.

Just ordered some fittings, sight glass, and new pick up assembly from Brewhardware and am pleased with the results. There was a screwup with the order (my fault) and Bobby (who I assume I spoke with) resolved the issue over the phone is seconds... Quality products. New diptube and sightglass installed with no issues. I plan to pick up future products from here.

Ordered 2 sight glass replacements and some tubing. All as expected, good quality stuff. Shipping time was decent. I'm so used to Amazon Prime I find anything over 2 days difficult :)

Packaging was terrible. Box was semi-crushed which, might seem like a shipper problem but there was minimal internal cushioning, some odd cardboard scraps stuffed in there. It was very unprofessional looking. Could improve in that area.

I appreciate that feedback. I'm trying to educated my shipping staff as to how bad USPS handles packages.

Just got my package in the mail and could not be happier.
Great products
FAST delivery
Great Prices

Anybody looking for RIMS ( or just about anything else) check out

Brewhardware

You will not be disappointed

IMG_3063.JPG

I just ordered some bulk heads from him for my new kettles. I'm going to try out the True bulkheads and see how they go. I'm hoping these will make breaking down/reassembling my kettles/tuns much easier after cleaning.

If anyone thinks they can build a tube with off the shelf parts for a lot less money AND have as good a quality you are sorely mistaken. These things are beautiful

Funny you should post, i got this today from him for my EHERMS im building.

The post office beat the box to ****, and there was a giant gash in the corner, but luckily he packed it well and nothing came out.
2015-07-18%2010.35.46.jpg

Back