Midwest Keg Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarmandSafe

Reaction score
I think the number of people who have gone from bottling to kegging is FAR higher than the number of people that have decided that filling a keg and putting CO2 pressure on it is harder than washing / sanitizing bottles, mixing up priming sugar, bottling, capping, hoping you got the right amount of sugar, and waiting for the left over yeast to do their thing without causing bottle bombs....

But hey - some people like to do it the hard way.

Not at all retarded - I bottled for a long time, SWORE that I would never keg because it was too much and I liked to share my beer... I switched and never looked back, and laugh at my old self for being so naive.

Kegging is a great way to go, if not THE way to go. I keg about 2/3 of my beer and i still bottle the rest. Just because you buy a keg setup doesn't mean that you're locked in to only kegging. They each have their advantages. I bottle if I want to age something, if I made something specifically to give away, if it's a new recipe and I want feedback from many people, or if my bottle supply is running low.

I would suggest getting a kegging setup and seeing what works for you. You absolutely will use it at least some of the time.

+1 on what kaboom said. I keg most of what I brew, but there are certain styles like Hefeweizens and Belgians that I prefer out of bottles. Also anything that needs to age. But pale ales, reds, IPAs, Apfelwein, and most everything else goes in kegs.

My favorite part of kegging is giving rude gestures to my bottling gear when I walk by it. However once and a while I bottle if I have something I want to age, so fine, I'll bottle that up.

However, I've now 'fixed' that. I took advantage of the keg connection keg deal and I'm up to 10 now. So I just chuck it into secondary, then to keg and I can leave that in there a looooong time.

I been brewing for aboout two years, and i haven't bottled yet. I started kegging right off the back don't think I want to bottle. If i goto a buddy's house i will fill up a 6 pack, or a few 22s. I needed some brew supplies so i capitalize on that offer. Keg for 25.00 buck and some change count me in. Make sure you pick two then put the promo code "FREEKEG" in and it will discount on check out.

Am I seeing this right. You buy one keg for 49.99 and get the other free only if you spend another $100. It said's the price of the keg doesn't count toward the special.

Am I seeing this right. You buy one keg for 49.99 and get the other free only if you spend another $100. It said's the price of the keg doesn't count toward the special.
Yeah that is the down side you have to spend 100.00. It's not hard brother get some kits, all kinds of stuff you need. It never stops.

If you start kegging it is still easy to bottle. Wait until you are about halfway done with the keg (when the beer has really cleared and is in it's prime), and follow the "We don't need no stinking beer gun" sticky. I think that's what it is called. Bottle a sixer or some bombers and stick them in the fridge so you can taste them down the road. Pretty simple, and it has the added benefit of bottling with the beer already carbonated, so you can minimize oxygen and the bottles will last longer

Latest posts

Back