best pubs in london

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DroolingNeoBrewery

Reaction score
Hey hbt. I'm in london england for the next few days. What are the best pubs for real ale? I don't wanna waste my time on places that serve bottles and kegged beer I can get back home in canada.

I'm staying near paddington station if that helps.

The Harp in covent gardens. CAMRA pub of the year multiple times and excellent selection of cask and traditional ciders. The pub to visit in London if you like cask beer.

Thanks for the replies a tour guide pointed me to Harp, going to try to go there tomorrow or next. Not sure if I will get to the others. Only have a couple more days here. So little time so much beer!

Google CAMRA they will list good pubs. But you need to get out in the country side for a real pub. I would love a pint. Also remember a pint is 20 oz. and not 16.

I was out in the country side went to a pub call "The Bells". All they had was london pride so thats what I had. Have also had Bombardier at one of the many Talor Walkers (they all have different names but same company (I actaully quite liked that one, london pride was pretty much like the bitter i make so nothing new good to know my bitter is true to the orginals though).

Going to the Harp today.

Check out the Southampton Arms in Kentish Town. My favorite pub in London - only real ales and ciders from independent brewers. Cash only though, and it's small, so tends to be packed on weekends..

Check out the Southampton Arms in Kentish Town. My favorite pub in London - only real ales and ciders from independent brewers. Cash only though, and it's small, so tends to be packed on weekends..

Will def try and check that out next time i am there. We are planning on going back next Christmas (2013). Few more days in london, then work our way north to scotland with lots of stops along the way.

Back