Soperbrew in Kansas!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonyBrew

Who rated my beer?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Are there any members near Hutchinson, Kansas that can meet up & have a beer with me this Friday or Sat?

I am traveling up from the Austin area to attend the sister in-law's wedding on Sunday. I'll be rolling into town Friday afternoon.

If not, where's a good liquor store that carries craft beer and a bar with a decent tap selection in Hutchinson?

You could duck over to wichita, looks like a couple brewpubs there. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...local_group&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBEQtgMwAA

Even in the sticks of Missouri when I was there the liquor stores would at least carry Boulevard brewing company, O'Fallon Brewery and Schlafly (St louis Brewig Company), since they were local, so you may not be totally bereft of decent beers.

You more than likely will be ok.

Sorry, too bad you're not closer to Lawrence, there's some awesome brewpubs there that I used to go to when I was in ministerial school in KC-MO

This is true. Free State Brewing is great and 21st Street Brewing is not bad. My wife is from there and we are planning on moving back in a year and opening a small brewpub :mug:

Sorry about forgetting to give you the homebrew AZ.

So here I sit at River City Brewery in Wichita on my first night in Kansas. It's all downhill from here since tomorrow morning I will be in Hutchinson and this is the closest brewery at 60 miles away.

I got a growler of their Emerald City Stout & ordered a "No Crap On Tap" T-shirt" from here.

shirt.jpg

If you have time on your way back to the airport, there is a brewpub near wichita that brews 10 gallon batches on a Sabco Brew Magic.

There are a lot of HBT people in or near Kansas but it seems like most of us are in the KC area.

If you have time on your way back to the airport, there is a brewpub near wichita that brews 10 gallon batches on a Sabco Brew Magic.

There are a lot of HBT people in or near Kansas but it seems like most of us are in the KC area.

You said "near" Wichita. Is it this place?

I am now in Hutchinson. I stopped by a place called Fiffe's Liquor store. Not a big craft beer selection, but they did have quite a few offerings specifically from Boulevard. There was a whole shelf of the Bourbon Barrel Quad there so I bought 4 of them. That outa hold me over for a few hrs.

Asked the guy working there if there are any bars in town with a craft beer on tap & he said to try a place called Carl's Bar on Main or the Airport Steakhouse. If I get to either of those places this weekend I'll report back what I find.

The father in-law was thrilled to see me walking in with a 12 pack of Miller Lite this afternoon. The soon to be brother in-law is a "Bud" drinker. He was drinking the Miller Lite because his Bud was still warm. See ... even Bud drinkers won't drink Bud warm. ha ha

Myself...I'm enjoying the remainder of the Emerald City Stout growler right now.

Had a couple beers today at Carl's Bar in Hutchinson. Not a huge tap selection, but more than what you'd expect in Kansas. Again, Boulevard had a big showing with most their standard beers on tap. I had an Irish Ale, Stout & then a bottle of the Bourbon Barrel Quad. Oh and the food was fantastic! I had the Saturday Smoked Sausage Sandwich Special. Wow!

I stopped by Goebel's Liquors in Wichita on the way home & bought a bunch of interesting beers for a few people that are hard to find in Austin.

Check out the carry.

IMG_4386.JPG

Left to Right: Cantillon Kreik 100% Lambic, Cantillon Iris 2007 (x2), Jolly Pumpkin Bam Noire, Jolly Pumpkin Bam Biere, Hanssens Artisanaal Oude Kriek, Cantillon Sanit Lamvinus, Rodenbach Grand Cru, Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad (x3)

I just found this thread or I would have tried to help you in your quest. Hutch sucks, bigtime! I grew up outside of it and have watched it deteriorate. Big employers have flown the coop and now it's struggling. There's plenty of meth there, but I'll stick to a nice hefe. There is a group trying to get a microbrewery put together, but it's a ways out.

Central Kansas is tough if you're not into Larry the cable guy or Toby Keith.

Swifty

hello i am in wichita and there are some brewpubs here,, for example wichita brewing river city brewing, B Js and granite city,, i have three on tap, stone IPA clone, scotch ale and old ale.

I have to call bull s**t on granite city. I went to the GC in Kc n took the tour. The whole time I'm looking for a mash ton. They don't have one. Beer is trucked to them to be fermented filtered conditioned and then served. Not one bag of grain in that Kc joint. Please ask them on your next visit about their model. I could be wrong about this particular store but I smell a rat.

Wow old thread.

I ended up at some hole in the wall bar in downtown Hutchinson that actually had Tank 7 on tap...right next to bud light, lol.

I also made a purchase of some rare beers at that Goebel Liquor store and brought them back for some friends. One of them was Cantillon Isis.

Back