UC Davis Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish that there were more online options available when it came to brewing programs. The only online one still requires a short residency at a participating brewery.

Even if I never brewed professionally I would use my military tuition benefits and GI Bill to pay for brewing school if I could do it via the web.

I wish that there were more online options available when it came to brewing programs. The only online one still requires a short residency at a participating brewery.

Are you talking about the Brewers Guild? I thought that was just a week in either CA or VT depending on which session, then you did an apprenticeship at a brewery at your home base?

Amazingly? I'm sure a lot of grads go to AB and Bamforth used to work for them I believe(?)....

I have a friend taking his final exams for the program this week I think, unless he took them last week. I'd like to go someday maybe, once I'm out of debt perhaps.

Are you talking about the Brewers Guild? I thought that was just a week in either CA or VT depending on which session, then you did an apprenticeship at a brewery at your home base?

The way it reads to me is that you have to do a five week apprenticeship at a participating brewery. The closest for me would be Elysian in Seattle. Wouldn't be a big deal, but I really don't think I'm going to convince the US Navy to give me 5 weeks off to attend brewing school.

I go to UC davis and am enrolled in the intro to brewery class for this coming fall. Sooo excited! That outside program looks really cool though, I'll have to ask my teacher about it.

Back