Dogfish Head 120 - cellar or drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnOldUR

fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Been driving by a local liquor store and seeing a sign advertising a growler fill station. So, I’m curious and go in last night with an empty growler. They’re doing a Dogfish Head theme. 60,90 and 120 Minute IPA on tap and they also have Warsteiner Oktoberfest. I get my growler filled with 90 Minute and then, in a moment of insanity, have him fill me one of their 32 ounce growlers with the 120.

By now you’re probably wondering why this is in the kegging and bottling forum. What I’m looking for is opinions on when to drink this. Too embarrassed to tell you how much I paid for it, but let’s say it’s enough to make me consider saving it for a special occasion. If left full and sealed, do you think a small growler could be successfully cellared or will I have to twist my own arm and drink it all now?

32 ounces is a lot of 120. I’ll be needing me some help. :D

:off:
Went straight to an Italian food place that did BYOB.
The wife and I (mostly me) kicked the 64 ounces of 90 Minute.
First time I had that from a tap.
Tasty stuff!
:mug:

In my experience, you've got a couple of weeks (at the absolute maximum). Might at well make a special occasion and invite a few friends over and drink it.

Agreed, you don't have long. If the growler, cap and filler were sanitized, and you keep everything cold, you could go a couple weeks max. Invite a friend over and kill it!

I think you might need to box that up in an overnight Fed Ex box and send it to me! I will do extensive experiments and let you know!
:)

I've found growlers don't hold too well. Drink up and consider the investment as "research".

Back