What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have I posted this one before? If so, sorry, but know that IDGAF! :drunk:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so jealous! Devin Townsend is my absolute favorite! I'm gonna try to catch a show when they go through Lawrence Ks in October. Maybe I'll get lucky and get off work, so I can go.
I was listening to Type O Negative's cover of Black Sabbath earlier. Love me some Type O Negative......

This just in... The new DT record is not very good at all. Disappointment has set in :(

This just in... The new DT record is not very good at all. Disappointment has set in :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vnBgpbIeKk

The commentary is hilarious.... I still have yet to hear the album properly, but the music doesn't sound bad.

Here's the 'unofficial' beginning of what should be a great vid for Lucky Animals... fan participation. Dev's hilarious dancing and the song begin at the 4:00 min mark.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=foQEYqbcP44[/ame]

And now, some easy listening:

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vjg7dQhARY&feature=related[/ame]
Apparently, I've fallen into one of those Opeth holes recently.....

The commentary is hilarious.... I still have yet to hear the album properly, but the music doesn't sound bad.

No, not bad but mediocre at best and coming from a guy like Townsend I expect far better. Like I said, very disappointing. :(

Now for something GOOD...

It's election season, of course I'm listening to: The Offspring - "$hit is Fvcked up"

No, not bad but mediocre at best and coming from a guy like Townsend I expect far better. Like I said, very disappointing. :(

Now for something GOOD...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw2X2As76hs

I hear ya... definitely not his best work, although he's apparently working on the next Ziltoid record!!!
And as if Pandora's psychic, this just came up in my shuffle:

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEC5YurXKX8[/ame]

I was brewing all morning. Listened to STRFKR, We Were Promised Jetpacks, and a little bit of Broken Social Scene. Good times.

Yeah, I'm still not sure what I think of that newest album, a couple tunes are downright awful, but that song's a standout for sure.

Yep, they pretty much sold out to "nu-goth" garbage around 2005 I think it was. I remember there was much discussion permeated with hatred and disgust throughout the metal community at the time. Shame too, they used to be pretty good..

Yep, they pretty much sold out to "nu-goth" garbage around 2005 I think it was. I remember there was much discussion permeated with hatred and disgust throughout the metal community at the time. Shame too, they used to be pretty good..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LhnQ_Nfqbw&feature=autoplay&list=PL7EC323A9B4F3BE27&playnext=2

Yeh, definitely not the band that they used to be. I haven't listened to the newest CD all that much, maybe a dozen or so spins, but it seems to have it's moments.... and it's 'not so much' songs too. Like this:

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU18F6yTuHo[/ame]
Obviously with the video and the Metallica-esque vocals, they're trying for something with that one. :mad:

I think that their self titled (2005), albeit a bit commercialized for sure, was their last good album top to bottom. I still listen to it a good amount.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoZxoIPvM7Q[/ame]

These were definitely the days, though:
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq9wQFVO-00[/ame]

:rockin: :rockin:

'King of The Hill', on in the background while I'm online. Clips of one of my favorites:

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2gfbF3VUDs[/ame]

Big gigantic is always a go to for me however completely different genera than the aforementioned opeth haha or you wanna feel like your in a futuristic batman movie (one of my favorite songs of all time)

I suggest listening to the whole welcome reality album start to finish its incredible all songs are meant to be seamless basically

Listening to some old school metal this morning. Right now I have Angel Witch, Baphomet going right now. I was listening to Diamond Head, and Blitzkrieg just a little while ago. I think I'm gonna put on some Misfits later.

Back