how to serve non-carbonated beverages from my keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dongger1

Reaction score
My kids wanted to know if I could serve gatorage from my keezer. How do I pressurize the keg without carbonating the liquid? I have 18cf of space so that is not a problem.

You'll want to use nitrogen to push the gatorade, since nitrogen won't go into solution. First check and make sure there's a place that around you that you can get nitrogen from (not beer gas, that will still contain some CO2, ~20-25%). Then you'll need a nitro tank and a nitro regulator, since nitro comes as a gas instead of as a liquid CO2 tanks won't work I don't think. I've heard of people using a nitrogen setup to push wine, so I don't see why gatorade wouldn't work as well.

My kids wanted to know if I could serve gatorage from my keezer. How do I pressurize the keg without carbonating the liquid? I have 18cf of space so that is not a problem.

Why not just use CO2...no need to get a whole different setup...

Use a low enought PSI to push, shut off the CO2 at the end of a session, and bleed the pressure from the keg when done...might be a PITA but should work.

Even if you left it on, a couple few PSI left on is not going to carb up to any significant degree...

What the hell, try it!

I would think at a low enough setting it really wouldn't carb up anyway. I push my cleaning solution through at low enough PSI it barely registers on the gauge.

I serve "real" ales at 2 psi, it's enough to push them out the tap. Ditto, wine. If you plan on doing this much, find a secondary regulator.

thanks for the help. I will try a low psi and see what happens.

Even at 1 psi it looks like you would have about 1.5 volumes of CO2 at 40 °C. This would be like a flat beer, no real bubbles but still that carbonic acid tingle. Still could be good though :D

Back