Hops brushes for GIMP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uwjester

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Seeing as how I can't draw for ****, I decided that I need a way to have GIMP draw some hops cones for me. I was hoping to find some readily available GIMP brushes out there in the interwebs, but I was unable to find any. So I made some. I found some pictures of various hop cones and paired them down to drawings. I converted those drawings into brushes and thought I'd share with anyone here who wants them. These don't look anywhere near as cool as if someone had drawn them by hand in inkscape, but maybe it will help someone. The link to the zip file that contains all 10 brushes is http://www.frontrangebrewery.com/files/hops-Brushes.zip and here is a sampling of what they look like.

hopsBrushes.jpg

Edit: Forgot to mention that you need to unzip these brushes to C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\brushes (assuming you installed to the default location).

Did you check the copyright information on the original images?

I didn't. I did see them on 3 or 4 different sites though. I'm not selling them. I'm not using them commercially in any way. I don't feel like I'm screwing anyone out of royalties, but say the word and I'll pull them.

That's all that matters.

Not really. I personally upload my images to Flickr with an Attribution Non-Commercial Creative Commons license. Just because you are not using it commercially doesn't mean you can modify and redistribute it without their permission and without citing the original author. You can check out some other example licenses here.

Not trying to cause problems but someone took that original picture or drew a sketch and would probably like to hear how you are using it. :tank:

Latest posts

Back