harrisonburg, Va. brew club??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stillstoked

Reaction score
anyone know of a brew club in harrisonburg Va.? if youd like to help start one, or be involved with one let me know. id love to get one going around here.

Hey guys, I'm in Harrisonburg, too. Would love to meet up!

hey there anyone that wants to come hang with us on Sunday at 2 o'clock at Jack browns in Harrisonburg Va. please come out. we would love to see you there.
thanks
tim

All looks good for sunday. If all goes well, I should be bottling my Bock Sunday evening.:cross: A good day indeed! A bit off topic here, but Campus Corner has the Smuttynose Winter Ale at 1$ a bottle. I think hes got 3-4 more cases left to get rid of if your looking for a great Winter brew..

Mike

Sitting here at jacks. Don't see any of you and no answer on the phone. But enjoying a Burger and a nut brown.

Just wanted to bring this thread back alive! I Live in Staunton, and I know there are some Homebrewers out there in our area. Any more interest?

My gf goes to JMU and I'm there pretty much every other weekend. I'd be down to meet up for a few! What happened to calley's (downtown brewery) anyway?

Cally's is now capital ale house. They are waiting on their permit.

I may still have the other peoples info. I'll try to contact them to see if they would still like to meet up.

I have an interest in joining or starting a brew club in Harrisonburg. Is there one that still exists if so does anyone know when they meet and where.

Thanks

Im in staunton and have been looking for months for a good group to brew with and get something going in this area. I am looking for something not too far away from the staunton area but am willing to help get things going. anyone who is nearby and may want to meet up downtown staunton one night to start things off let me know. this area is just itching to have a good club going. Maybe even getting together for some brewmaking sessions.

Dont you guys all be shy now, lol. If we want to get something going, all we really need to do first is simply pick a time and place to meet up and go from there. For my benefit, I dunno about the rest of you, I can't do it on weekends due to my work schedule. However, anytime Sun night through Wed night is great for me personally.

If we can get together and meet up and get a feel for what our goals and desires for a group, that would work best.

I'm from Harrisonburg and I would like to meet people who know a lot about homebrewing! I'm just getting started/researching right now mostly.

Welcome to HBT and to homebrewing. I'm def. very interested in getting something going around here, even if it's just a few guys who really wanna get together and hang out and talk beer and maybe do some brewing. You'll find once you do one batch, you'll be hooked, lol. If I can be of any help, let me know. The ppl on these forums are a great resource. I'm down in Staunton, so not too far away from you.

What about Wednesday Feb 8th 6:00ish we meet up somewhere downtown in Harrisonburg. Does that work for people? It'd be good for having some drinks and getting to know everyone and such.

I know this is more focused on the hburg area, and if that's the direction everyone heads, thats great. However, unfortunately, noone here seems to be great at communicating and I can't get to hburg easily. I understand that Staunton may not be easy to others. But If there is a group of Augusta County ppl who would like to meet up, Staunton is a better fit I think for those ppl.

Im good with Feb 8th
later might be better so that I can get my kids to bed. I love all the watering holes in Dtown Hburg new fav is Capitol Ale House. Or we could do Harrisonburg in Feb and Staunton in March and kidda go back and forth. What about that idea?
Anyone else interested?
Any ideas on how we will know who each other are?
Just let me know

Cheers

I'd be interested in meeting up. I'm in Augusta Co - Stuarts Draft.
Lemme know if you guys wanna get together.
I've been driving to Charlottesville for CAMRA meetings, but it's 45 minutes.
I'd love to find something a bit closer.
I like alternating between H'Burg and Staunton, too.

Hey there live right near the red front and more importantly walking distance from all the downtown bars. Let me know if anyone wants to organize something. I should be getting my outdoor propane burner soon and can't wait to test it out!

Hey what's up guys? I just saw that brews art had posted about a brew club in one of my threads. You guys still brewing?

Just moved to the area and am a relatively green brewer. Would really like to join up with a group to learn more. Can meet in Hburg, Staunton or Cville. Willing to organize a meeting too as it seems as though a mtg never came to fruition? Feedback please! Thanks!

@MagicShoes5...I am definitely interested in putting together a brew club. In fact just last week I pulled the pin and bought a new 20-gallon brew system. It should be delivered by the end of August. Let me know what you are thinking...

Cheers,
Aaron

I'm still down here in Staunton/augusta county area. I am looking for a group that is more out of Augusta county if there are a group of people down here that want to get involved in getting a club going down here. Just haven't seen much interest in this area yet. But let me know if you guys are interested.

@Redhawk2000....would you (or anyone else) be interested in meeting up to get a club going. I am tied up over the next few weekends, but could work something out. Anyone else interested in finalizing some real plans to start a club?

I'm up for getting something going. My availability is limited over weekends due to my work schedule, however, if anyone wants to try and get something going in the Staunton/Augusta County area, I'm game.

I am in....... I could meet in Harrisonburg on Mon-weds.... and in staunton ANY day!!!! I AM IN!!!

Just an FYI to anyone in the area who may not yet have found a homebrew club. The new homebrew store Shenandoah Valley Brewing Company in Staunton, VA just initiated the first homebrew club tonight. I'm labeling it the SVBC Homebrew Club. We had our first meeting tonight and it was a very successful meeting with about a dozen members. We are planning on meeting in 2 weeks to continue to get to know each other and to get the group up and running. Anyone and everyone who is interested in meeting up should either get in contact with the SVBC or let me know and I will keep you informed. You can also find them on facebook. We hope to see you there at the next meeting.

Just another FYI. We are meeting again at the SVBC in Staunton, VA on Thursday the 30th at 630pm. This will be the second meeting as a followup to the successful first meeting a few weeks ago. Possible topics of note are of a communal yeast bank. If interesetd in joining us, contact SVBC directly or PM myself.

Back