Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a sunbeam 4.5 mini fridge. I think I may be able to fit 2 Corny's/ logs in the if I take out some of the side insulation, still have to take another look.

snowtires said:
Do those soda taps work for dispensing beer? I have a tap thats exactly like those, i would like to use it if i can.

Yes, they work fine for beer but better for ciders and wines.. I used a counter top soda dispenser for almost 3 years.

The soda taps work fine, just needed to do some calibration with the flow control screw to get it right, took a few beers, but the first pour wasn't too far off.....

image-1525463506.jpg

image-2654326902.jpg

I found a free vending machine on CL, the vending part didn’t work.
With a few bucks and scrap laying around the house this is what I came up with.
My wife panted the BEER part it lights up.

imag00921-53466.jpg

imag0093-53467.jpg

I'm just finishing this up. It was a frigidaire 15.5 cubic foot freezer. Plenty of space for 6 corny's or 1/6 barrels. The beer gas tank isn't inside now, but that's because the smallest tank size I can exchange around here is 40 cf. I scored the tap tower off of ebay for a couple hundred bucks. It is for a glycol system. Instead of glycol, I bought a 2 gallon bucket and a fountain pump that just circulates cold water through the glycol lines. It works quite well.

2jbo2eq.jpg

2duu4w.jpg

16iyu7k.jpg

Finished for now, I want to add a top it. Something cutting board or butcher block esque then secure the draft tower to that, sheet metal screws are lame.

image-4185073092.jpg

IMG_20121109_202506_767.jpg

So I got this Fridgaire off Craigslist. I got 2 pinlocks. I've shaved the door flat and got them to fit in fine but I need a little more trimming to make it perfect. Has anybody had trouble with the seal after they pulled it out? Mine doesn't want to seal back up around the top. Its magnetized but just doesn't touch theres about a 1/16 inch of space that doesn't seal.

Is there a gap because of the cornies inside? You could try filling the gap with some insulation or something.

How's your CCNA going? I have my CCNP (and probably never going any further than that).

Is there a gap because of the cornies inside? You could try filling the gap with some insulation or something.

How's your CCNA going? I have my CCNP (and probably never going any further than that).

No I trimmed up the parts on the side where the shelves sat so the cornies fit great now I don't even have to really shove them in their just snug. I'll take pics of inside later tonight.

CCNA is going good thanks maybe I'll get that far someday. Being lazy lately just got done A+ then Net+ a few months ago.

I get to add to this thread soon!! With a birthday coming up Wednesday and getting married next Saturday the fiance decided to get me my chest freezer I've been eyeing for a bday/wedding present (maybe a little Christmas present in there too as she did buy me a nice watch for an engagement/wedding present earlier) Get to pick it up tomorrow!! I'm getting 7.0 cu ft Professional Series from Menards

I get to add to this thread soon!! With a birthday coming up Wednesday and getting married next Saturday the fiance decided to get me my chest freezer I've been eyeing for a bday/wedding present (maybe a little Christmas present in there too as she did buy me a nice watch for an engagement/wedding present earlier) Get to pick it up tomorrow!! I'm getting 7.0 cu ft Professional Series from Menards

And here it is...crappy cell phone pic but yeah. Kegs fit in without a collar but one will be built shortly. I'm just running picnic taps for now

2012-11-18_19-21-22_730.jpg

Thanks. I'm enjoying it a lot. It is 3 steps inside my kitchen which makes it super easy to grab a beer on the way out. Makes yardwork and working in the garage more fun. 15" overall was a real challenge. Perlick sells a 15 for over $3k. Couldn't stomach that so I just made one. Got a great design for a line cleaner if anyone is interested.

Got mine today and set it up (couldn't wait). It's new home is in the dining room!
:rockin: WOOHOOO :rockin:

One tap = Whitehouse Honey Porter - great taste
One tap = A Chablis Wine

Now I HAVE to plan on a couple of brew days - have a Holiday Ale (kit) that is next then maybe a Blue Moon clone or the Whitehouse Honey Ale.... Probably go with the Holiday Ale - should be perfect for Christmas....

Dave

WP_000148.jpg

WP_000150.jpg

WP_000154.jpg

Back