Question on Keezer Collar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitsuj80

Reaction score
I am almost done with my keezer collar and was wondering one thing. Do you guys stain/clear coat the whole collar and if so have you found it hard to glue foam insulation board to it once it is clear coated? If not what sort of adhesive have you found to work the best for the foam insulation? Thanks.

nitsuj80 said:
I am almost done with my keezer collar and was wondering one thing. Do you guys stain/clear coat the whole collar and if so have you found it hard to glue foam insulation board to it once it is clear coated? If not what sort of adhesive have you found to work the best for the foam insulation? Thanks.

I stained and poly both inside and out but did not add any insulation, would have gone back and done so if needed, but holds temps great year round with very limited run times. Wish you luck. I did use liquid nails for the top to reattach the plastic cover

I did not insulate mine either. If you want to add some use silicone caulk it will stick good and not harm the foam. You may have to tape it on for a couple of days till it dries.

The best adhesive for foam is Spray 74 foamfast. Spray 77 also works for foam, sometimes. Water-based contact cement should work too.

B

No adhesive here. Used double sided mounting tape by Scotch. Is kind of spongy, about 1/16" thick, with a red backing. Holds firm, but is removable if you need to make any modifications. Oh, and the interior of my collar was coated with polyurethane, and it still sticks great.

Back