Mold on fermenting bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhawkbrew

Reaction score
I just went to check my cream stout that has been in my new fermentation chamber (chest freezer with ebay aquarium temp controller) and found mold all over the top part of the bucket. Has anyone else had this? Is there somethin I can do about it, or is it nothing to worry about.

Me too left a beer in a swamp cooler for two weeks when I had a rush job out of state, came home and had all sorts of stuff growing in the water. I used bleach (on the outside of the container before I even got close to it then rinsed everything with water. Then used compressed air to blow the water sitting in crevices of the bucket careful not to force water/air/bleach/mold in any seal or airlock. Then rinsed with idophor for good luck, also used horseshoes, four leaf clovers and rabbits foot just in case.

Clem

I went to keg a beer of mine last night and noticed mold all over the top of the bucket lid and around the rim. I just tried to wipe it clean as I could with a rag and kegged away. Maybe I should have done more to clean it like you Clementine. I also have a little on my pumpkin ale that I'm about to transfer to secondary.

Back