Rain.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We,ve had a fair bit of rain around here.

_42431858_salvageyard_416220.jpg

damn, if it does not stop in the DFW area we are going to be looking very similar. Some lakes around here are shut down for two weeks, because of the flood danger.

We've been getting hammered here in Central Texas the past week. Town due West of us got 18" in one night.

Amazing how that works. Here in Virginia, just today we got our first measurable rain in almost 2 weeks. The past 2 months have been so dry the grass is dead.

Dude said:
Amazing how that works. Here in Virginia, just today we got our first measurable rain in almost 2 weeks. The past 2 months have been so dry the grass is dead.
We keep getting these big thunder storms rolling through but only a couple drops of water. Everything is turning brown here too.

Orfy,
Have you been effected by all that rain? Man that sucks.

Reminds me of Illinois. It was so flat, there was nowhere for the water to run. I've had all of 0.9 inches this month, as opposed to 0.00 last year.

Dude said:

No doubt, dude. We've been resisting the urge to turn the sprinklers on...but yesterday afternoon, SWMBO finally broke down and did just that. Not 3 hours later, it was pouring. Now, I'm not one to be very superstitious, but, every time we turn on those sprinklers, it rains.

Anyway...yeah, our lawn is looking real shabby too. On Wednesday, we were flying to and from Middle Peninsula/West Point in a Skyhawk XPII. On the way back, the Nexrad looked really nasty, as did the strikefinder. We thought for sure we'd have to land in Louisa and wait out the storms, but potomac approach just gave us flight following around a few cells, and when got to C-ville, the ground was dry as a bone...even though these pretty big cells had been sitting over town for a few hours. Nothing! It's only when we decide to go outside and do something that the rain comes. I went out to change SWMBO's oil last week, and it was clear and beautiful. As soon as I unscrewed the pan plug, BOOM, CRASH, and it was dark as night and pouring on me within 3 minutes.

It rains damn near every day here. My ditches have been full to the level of spring runoff several times now. I've never seen the ditches fill like that ever before. The apocolypse is coming...

Back