Supposed to be hazy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricT

Reaction score
How do you know if a beer is suppose to have haze? I think the Stone I am drinking has chill haze LOL.

Well, certain yeast strains such as Belgian's and Hefe's should be hazy becuase their flocculation is low. Flocculation is defined by Wyeast as "the ability of yeast to aggregate and form large flocs and then drop out of suspension." if you didn't already know.

Chill haze is when proteins and tannins become insoluble at lower temps. With that said, I don't believe Stone brews would have such a thing, so I would imagine that the beer your drinking is either in a glass with condensation surrounding it or is supposed to be that way.

RDWHAHB,
J

Its just a stone pale ale. I was actually just looking through the glass I was drinking it in which wasn't chilled and wondered if it was suppose to be hazy or not. Then I wondered how you know if a beer should be hazy or not :). Gonna go look at dry hoping and see what that is all about. I am now drinking a Nectar IPA which is perfectly clear and very yummy. The research continues :drunk:

Back