Sankey Top on a Corney?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did they do, modify the lid?

Maybe because they have a store bought kegerator with a sanke connector and are afraid to change it out? Or maybe want to swap between sanke and cornie, maybe?

Probrewer seems to have a lot of them for sale. So my guess is that the bigger brewers (bigger than homebrewers) use them. Maybe to sell their Craft Brews to Taverns?

kegshot.jpg

I have several of them I like the fact I can take them anywhere and tap them just like if I was to get a keg from the beer store. A lot of breweries are going with these or 1/4 kegs as the soda dispensing is going to bag in a box instead of cornies.

Since it is welded on, I was going to ask how they clean the keg.

But, since they are pros, I guess they have Sanke washers.

What did they do, modify the lid?

Maybe because they have a store bought kegerator with a sanke connector and are afraid to change it out? Or maybe want to swap between sanke and cornie, maybe?

Since it is welded on, I was going to ask how they clean the keg.

But, since they are pros, I guess they have Sanke washers.

I am sure they do, but it takes all of a few minutes to remove the spear and clean the keg.

Probrewer seems to have a lot of them for sale. So my guess is that the bigger brewers (bigger than homebrewers) use them. Maybe to sell their Craft Brews to Taverns?

Its easier to use than regular cornies in a bar setting just tap and pour like any other commercial keg.

think I may need to post the 3 I have for sale over there they get 60 $ apiece for them.I was asking 30

Went on a Recon Mission yesterday afternoon. Found out that the bar's use them at least for "certain" flavors. I found Fat Tire, and Boulevard in the Corney's with Sankey. All in the name of research, of course.

Back