Malted Milk Powder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashnook

Reaction score
Greetings I am a novice beer/wine maker with two batches of beer and four batches of wine under my belt. I have been brewing wine lately as where I am currently staying I cannot find any malt. I came across some Malted Milk Powder and am wondering if I can use that as the base. As I am in love with milk stouts, the milk flavor would be a bonus. For a two gallon batch I was thinking of three or four pounds of malted milk powder with a pound of sugar added. I have not decided on the hops, although that is a secondary concern at the moment. My concern is whether or not the malted milk powder will suffice as a base malt. I may also steep oats for added body. Again though that is secondary to whether or not the malted milk powder will suffice.

Thanks in advance,
Justin

This is awesome. I would try it as long as there aren't weird ingredients in the powered milk. And I don't think powdered milk is a base for beer. :) This would not taste anywhere close to a milk stout. I have no idea what it would taste like. Couldn't be worse than my almond milk beer anyhow.

Back