My English Brown Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvess

Reaction score
This beer is awesome and was crystal clear. No chill haze. Thanks BeirMuncher

image-2188279084.jpg

Shows color and clarity better.

Attachments

• Beer.jpg
    Beer.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 512
Looks tasty...

That second pic wouldn't have been taken on a canon camera with something around the 2.8 range would it? (camera guy here as well) and its a nice shot

Yes. I have a canon 5 d mark 3 with a 24 to 70 L lens. Love that camera. The beer was awesome. You need to try that recipe. The other pic I took with the IPhone while drinking. My photography website is brianvessphotography.com.

Good stuff. I've got a 5D2 myself and paired with the 70-200 2.8IS it's a perfect combination. I just brewed and English brown on Saturday. I'll give it some time to ferment but I'm looking forward to trying it.

That is great lens. I have the same lens. I use it when I shoot sports. My website is brianvessphotography.com. Would love to see some of your pics.

Good stuff. I've got a 5D2 myself and paired with the 70-200 2.8IS it's a perfect combination. I just brewed and English brown on Saturday. I'll give it some time to ferment but I'm looking forward to trying it.

No pic of beer then the rules says it never happened. LOL:mug:

I've personally never been a fan of the 24-70. It's a fine workhorse lens, but it's never really felt like anything special. I shoot mostly with my 35L and Sigma 85 f/1.4. I've got a 70-200 f/2.8L, but I'm not particularly fond of it. I'd like to sell it off and get a 135L, but I shoot too many corporate events where I need that 200mm.

I actually just finally made the decision to upgrade to the 5DmkIII yesterday, but of course everyone is out of stock right now. Really hoping I can get it in time for a big job in a few weeks. How hard has it been adjusting to the new AF system? After 4 years of 'focus, recompose, focus, recompose, focus, recompose' I imagine it's gonna take a while.

I had no adjustment time. It finally works the way it should. The camera pictures are awesome. The beer pic was reduced to 72 dpi and still has a lot of sharpness. You should see it in full res from camera.

I've actually compared shots from my 5DmkII and a friend's 5DmkIII, and there's hardly a difference. I just need the ISO capabilities (I shoot a lot of really poorly lit events in giant rooms, so flash is basically out) and the dual card slots. I'd like to shoot wirelessly tethered when I'm doing product shooting, but I'm not buying the outrageously overpriced grip that Canon sells. I'm looking forward to just throwing an eye-fi card in the SD slot taking medium res jpegs while I'm still putting full RAW files on the CF card.

Back