• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SWAP -- 3 gallon cooler for aluminum bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mk010101

Reaction score
I wanted to sell my 3 gallon cooler (Rubbermaid) that I used for a few years for partial mashes. The cooler has had the spigot added back on it and so it will need a manifold or better yet a SS braid (that's what I used and it was perfect for this.) If you want it without a swap, $15+ shipping.

Instead of selling it, though, I would be willing to swap it for 12-24 aluminum bottles (that I can cap.) I haven't ever used or seen these bottles to tell you the truth, so I am not sure they are capped or screw on bottles. If screw on, I don't want them. I need them for shipping purposes for brews I have to make for someone. If someone knows where I can get them for free, that would be great too!

Edit: please reply to this thread instead of PM, please. I will get in touch when I can. Thanks!

The blue Miller aluminum bottles are pop-off and cappable. The only down-side is you have to buy Miller Light. It's kind of a walk of shame.

As a point of order: I think you need a bench capper for the aluminum bottles. The red-wing capers won't work. Can anyone confirm? I have used them with my bench-capper in the past.

Here in wyoming we usually see moose drool in the aluminium bottles around the holidays

Not yet homebrewing...
Sent from my Thunderbolt using Home Brew Talk

As a point of order: I think you need a bench capper for the aluminum bottles. The red-wing capers won't work. Can anyone confirm? I have used them with my bench-capper in the past.

You are correct. The Bud Lite aluminum bottle does not work with a wing capper. The bottlecap fits on it fine, though, so a bench-capper definitely will work.

Back