newbie from NC...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
welcome aboard, you will find that most on here don't really secondary unless lagering , primary for 3 to 4 weeks then to the bottle or keg is fine and results in plenty clear beer.

Welcome! I've been using a secondary for years mainly out of habit. I will have to leave this out next batch. Most of the time I am looking for something to do so I 2ndary.

Being my first batch, Im just following the recipe. Was trying to make a light pilsner sesh beer. Wound up with pretty low gravity. Oh well. Just have to hope it tastes good!

Being my first batch, Im just following the recipe. Was trying to make a light pilsner sesh beer. Wound up with pretty low gravity. Oh well. Just have to hope it tastes good!

It will be good, you made it! Welcome from the Sandhills.

Nothing wrong with using a secondary for a pilsner. I have mine in a secondary and pan on keeping it there for at least 10 weeks.

Welcome to the forum.

Hello, my name is Jeffrey and I'll be your server tonight...may I start you off with something to drink?

Welcome Fartiste! Shop at American Homebrewer in Raliegh? New to HBT as well.

Good luck from Wake Forest.

Chris

Welcome.

There are a ton of us on here from NC, that's for sure.

You know, I've been on here for a while and didn't realize how many folks are here from NC....very nice!

How many of youse (yes, I said 'youse') belong to CARBOY or TRUB?

Ryan

How many of youse (yes, I said 'youse') belong to CARBOY or TRUB?

Ryan

a lot of us are 'members' of the officially unofficial disorganized organization called GRABASS (Greater Raleigh Area Brewers and Suds Sippers). We're just a leaderless bunch of guys that get together and hang out, eat meat, and brew beer. Nothing formal about it.

But, one of the GRABASS guys (also named Ryan) is actually the president of TRUB.

I sort of "own" a google groups email list for the GRABASS clan and can add you to it if you PM me your email address.

BTW: there is a GRABASS brew event being planned for Jan 22nd. If we get enough people, idahoDal might even fire up his 100 cubic foot smoker pit and throw some sort of animal into it.

a lot of us are 'members' of the officially unofficial disorganized organization called GRABASS (Greater Raleigh Area Brewers and Suds Sippers). We're just a leaderless bunch of guys that get together and hang out, eat meat, and brew beer. Nothing formal about it.

But, one of the GRABASS guys (also named Ryan) is actually the president of TRUB.

I sort of "own" a google groups email list for the GRABASS clan and can add you to it if you PM me your email address.

I went to a couple TRUB meetings and did the whole National Home Brew Day at Triangle Brewing Company last year...was a good time. It's been a little while since I've been to a meeting tho.

PM sent for the GRABASS list.....

Back