Steampunk kegerator phase 1 - get it functional.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merddyn2002

Reaction score

My cranberry cream ale should be ready to keg this weekend. I'm stoked

Eventually I plan on pimping this kegerator out in steampunk style. Will mount the Tank and co2 manifold on the outside and paint everything on the outside to look metalic and aged. Will be removing the fridge handles and replacing with brass pipes and have an elaborate coiled bubble / tubing device I'm going to build onto the freezer door after I remove the ice maker.

For now though, just trying to get it functional.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steampunk rules. I'm trying to come up with something steampunk for my logo.:mug:

Steampunk is what happens when goths discover the color brown. ;)

I was thinking about a similar project with an old 1950's fridge I have. Thought it would be cool to put non-funcitonal gagues on the front over the taps that would indicate things like ABV, IBU, and OG. Instead of labels.

too much bling? you mean the chrome faucets? Think i'm going to re-finish them to be brass and have the tap handles as brass pipes as well.

Yeah, i'm aware my kegerator has been contaminated with Schlitz.... :(
I'm actually a big fan of the Schlitz "blue bull" OML. I love that stuff and it's a favorite of many folks in my homebrew club. If you've never tried it you should.

Long story short, I couldn't find the OML in my corner beer store so the guy was nice enough to order me some schlitz. He ordered the wrong kind, but i felt so bad i went ahead and picked up a 6er of the original, and there it sits on the shelf.... Can I send you one? LOL

If you haven't tried the Schlitz OML with the blue bull on the can you really should. It's awesome.

I was thinking about a similar project with an old 1950's fridge I have. Thought it would be cool to put non-funcitonal gagues on the front over the taps that would indicate things like ABV, IBU, and OG. Instead of labels.

That would be sweet. And that is hilarious about goth's discovering Brown.

I'm toying with the idea of mounting some brass gauges on the fridge door for temperature, humidity and barometic pressure. Completely irrelevant to the kegerator but that's kind of the point of the style.

One of my original concepts for this kegerator was to literally build one of those old timey viewmasters into the door, but i have yet to find one.

You could totally get a long dial thermometer and drill a hole through and mount it on the door so the probe stuck into the fridge a little. Then you'd have an analog temp reading of the fridge.

Something I'm thinking of doing with my fridge when I start that project.

I'm actually building my -brewery- to be steampunk ... but hopefully CLEANABLE!

I have tons of pressure guages - 0xy, co2, N, maybe 45 of them or so.

I'm a little hung up on design. Have you seen the lamp maker from nyc? art donovan makes great designs.

Oooooh, I'm excited to see how this comes out! I am all about some steampunk themed things. In fact, I have a plan to get a steampunk themed bio-mech tattoo some day.

I'm actually doing a steampunk style kegerator/keezer as well. Wife did the paint job this last weekend on it. Getting in the manifolds soon, and then going all brass for the faucets. The 20lb CO2 tanks being outside is part of the overall look.

Back