sanitation mishap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcmidc

Reaction score
Bottled up my batch today but had a little slip up. I worked to try to stopped the little drip on my bottling bucket, and then between the phone ringing three times, my daughter getting hungry then thirsty, I got thrown out of my bottling procedure. After the batch was 3\4 of the way racked to the bottling bucket I realized that I forgot to sanitize the bottling bucket. Talk about a bummer. I went through and finished up the bottling. What are my chances that this beer still might turn out. I'm not going to dump it but do you guys think it still may be alright and am I the only one to make this boneheaded mistake? Just a real buzz kill because this was going to be my best homebrew yet (i'm sampling now).

After cleaning my bottling bucket I store it inside a large clean trash bag. Unless your storing yours open in a barn full of rabid bats your probably ok.

Latest posts

Back