How do you clean your carboy???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayWeezie

Reaction score
My carboy spigot for my hose and a manual brush isn't cutting it anymore.
Wondering what you use?

I kinda want the one that hooks into a drill but does it work as well?

I just fill the carboy with water and oyxclean. I let sit over night and usually don't even need to brush.

Overnight soak in an Oxyclean solution or a diluted bleach solution always does the job, no scrubbing necessary. Cleaning a carboy with this method will literally cost you less than 15 cents.

The drill attachments work great. Really fast, really clean. You only need an inch or two of detergent & water. I find I still use the brush for the neck and top of the shoulder area.
This is very convenient for same day, keg, clean, brew sessions.

If you have a pump in your set-up, you can make a CIP station out of a bucket and some CPVC or copper pipe... I usually stockpile 6-8 vessels and clean in one marathon session with one batch of water & PBW.... sankes, cornies, carboys, etc.

If you have a pump in your set-up, you can make a CIP station out of a bucket and some CPVC or copper pipe... I usually stockpile 6-8 vessels and clean in one marathon session with one batch of water & PBW.... sankes, cornies, carboys, etc.

This. Just finally built my PVC cleaner. Took me about 15 minutes, and it's one of the best things I've added to my brewing system.

Back