Dogfish Head 90/60

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jescholler

Reaction score
I've tried Dogfish Head 90 and 60 minute IPAs. I absolutely hated the 90 minute, but really liked the 60 minute.

I thought that I didn't like the 90 because of a water thing (I'm not a big fan of high sulfate), but I would think the 60 minute would have nearly the same water. At least now I know that DFH can make great beers so I'll be trying some others.

Can anyone take a guess at why I would like the 60 minute and hate the 90 minute? Does anyone else feel the same?

I'm actually quite the opposite. Love the 90 but I'm not a big fan of the 60. Goes to prove that not every pallet is the same.

I havent tried the 60 minute yet but the 90 minute was nasty to me. I couldnt even drink half of one and poured it out. I felt really bad for pouring it out in the yard but i couldnt stand it. :(

I like the 60 and love the 90. The 90 gets better as it warms up. I let it warm up for at least 30 minutes out of the fridge before I even take a sip. It typically takes me 2 to 3 hours to drink one 90 - meant to be sipped, not gulped.

I like the 60 and love the 90. The 90 gets better as it warms up. I let it warm up for at least 30 minutes out of the fridge before I even take a sip. It typically takes me 2 to 3 hours to drink one 90 - meant to be sipped, not gulped.

Tis true...but on tap the 90 is so yummy it goes down alot faster. :ban:

Tis true...but on tap the 90 is so yummy it goes down alot faster. :ban:

You are correct... I love both of them, but I agree that both are MUCH better on tap. I was at a bar in Jacksonville last month and Klaus, the National Sales Director for DFH happened to be there that night with a fresh cask of 90, and it was heaven in a glass....

I was excited to get both of these beers yesterday for the first time. Tried them last night and was disappointed with both. Has some taste that I don't care for. I've seen 'catty' used on this site and that description kind of fits.

I've only had the 90-minute, and it's been a while, but I felt it drank more like a Barleywine. All in all I didn't really care for it though. But who knows how long the 4-Pack I got had been sitting on the shelf. I don't think DFH beers move real fast out here.

I love them both. 60 minute is my go-to beer. I get the 90 minute every now and then. The 90 has a much maltier backbone and the hop aroma is stronger. I have wanted to try the 120 minute IPA but cant ever seem to find it, and I live in Delaware!

I love the 60 min and I am hit and miss on the 90 min. Sometimes the 90 min just strikes me as overly sweet, and I DO NOT like really sweet beers. The 120 min was just plain gross IMO.

I love the 60 min and I am hit and miss on the 90 min. Sometimes the 90 min just strikes me as overly sweet, and I DO NOT like really sweet beers. The 120 min was just plain gross IMO.

120 should be cellared for at least a year before enjoying it.

They had to dump their last batch of 120 for quality reasons so there hasn't been a batch in a while.

60 - to me is a great session beer. I keep a bunch on hand when I am not sure what to drink

90 - Is great beer much bigger and hoppier then 60 and I usually will finish my night with this type of beer.

120 - Is a sipper

I love DFH brews I think Sam is does a great job.

Back