fairly experienced brewer, just saved a bottle of lindemans frambrois...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjverble

Reaction score
i've brewed various styles of ales from wheats to nut browns and india pale ales, the other night i was enjoying a frambrois and thought i might try to recreate the brew by saving the yeast. my logic tells me to save a few more bottles and try to multiply the yeast by adding to a light malt mixture. my question is, how do i assure the remaining yeast in the bottles is viable?...or do you think this is project will be too much for me tot handle, i am familiar with sterile working techniques (agar work) because of experience with edible mushroom cultivation, any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance
shawn

Edible mushroom cultivation? I don't wanna know....haha.

As for the yeast, you'll be fine. I started playing with yeast when I was on my first all-grain brew, and I did fine.

Only problem would be if lindemans uses different yeast for bottling their frambois, I don't remember.

lindemans is pasteurized, if it wasnt it wouldnt be that sweet

however the cuvee rene is not, although they arent in the same ballpark, best bet to clone lindemans is to make a low IBU wheat beer, add fruit of you choice, then mix in some lactic acid to taste at bottling

Check out my thread titled "an authentic gueze recipe." There's a variation for framboise in there.

And yeah, the yeast is dead.

thanks for the replies everyone,
ill check out the suggested threads.
as far as edible mushroom cultivation, i love morels and mycologist have recently figured out how to cultivate the rare species of mushroom. its a fun and challenging hobby.
thanks again
shawn

Latest posts

Back