(Central OH) Fall MOB brew sessions Aug 2 and Sept 27

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are having two brew days in the next few months. Tentatively Aug 2, and Sept 27 at SOB's in Delaware, OH. These days are a little flexible, so let's hear from the gang what works best.

Link from first meet: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=59720

Wow...I'm glad you remembered this conversation from the other night, cuz I sure as hell didnt!

Anyways, I'm hoping a few people from HBT can show up this time!

Wow...I'm glad you remembered this conversation from the other night, cuz I sure as hell didnt!

Anyways, I'm hoping a few people from HBT can show up this time!

Yeah I haven't smoked away my *entire* memory. :)

So these dates are good? I know you are getting married somewhere in there...

Those dates are no good for me, due to my odd work schedule. Anybody else have weekdays off? If so come up & brew with my brother & me. We have an all electric system I put together in my garage. Right now I've got Alt, Brown Ale, EWs Haus, & an Oatmeal Stout on tap.

Anyone else giong to Ohio Brew Week (Athens 7-14to19th)?
http://www.ohiobrewweek.com/

I'll probably go check it out on fri.

Used to work a compressed work week with wierd hours. But now it's a 9-5er so 2 days a week is all I get. I would like to see an electric setup and taste the resultant product some time. That is a direction I would like to go in myself. Are you only free on weekdays then?

I'm also looking ahead to an electric setup and would like to see it but also work an 8-5'er. Wish it was 9-5. I'm getting screwed here.

I was planning on submitting something to The OhioBeer week, but CRAP! it snuck up on me. I'd like to check it out but I gots a baby due anytime now. It's only an hour away though. Gotta convince Pregnant SWMBO to go to a beer fextival with me where she can't drinK!

Anyone interested in going PM me your email. I want to send out evites so we have a better idea of how much food is needed this time.

There's a chance I *may* be able to make it, but it's all dependant on a project at work that I have starting up this week. I'll have a better idea by Thursday or so.

Are these still being planned?

YES! and I need a head count ASAP for who is coming on Saturday, August 2nd. Please message me or ChillHayze at you earliest convenience so i can plan some food. I'm thinking on doing a couple slabs of ribs but I need to know soon!

Hope to see some of you there! :mug:

Ah crap... I just realized that this weekend is the Super Cycle Weekend at MidOhio. Um.. What to do... what to do... When are you guys starting? I'll be coming back from Cedar Point Sat morning(ish)...

I suspect ChillHayze will be the first (like usual) showing up around 1030-1100am?

Really, it starts when the first person shows up!

Yeah probably 10:00 Ill be there. Probably will be the last to leave too.

SWMBO can't make it till around 2-3.

New MLT is sealed and good to go. Just passed the 1 hour elevated temperature test!
*OMG, SOB u finally shelled the $20 for a subscription. Welcome man!

Yeah and the head count is needed ASAP!

*OMG, SOB u finally shelled the $20 for a subscription. Welcome man!

Thank You! It's nice to finally be a supporter other than the athletic kind :D

What is a Gold Supporter? I thought there was only Premium and Lifetime...

On another note...I guess no one is able to make it this weekend?! Chill, looks like you and me ahve to down my 2 full kegs and pickled eggs alone then! SWMBOs should be loving us the next day :)

It looks like I'm a no for this weekend, guys. I probably won't have to work, but I'll be brewing 2 batches at home on Saturday (I just can't see lugging all my stuff down to Delaware, brewing 2 batches, then having to lug it all back plus two full fermenters).

If it's just the two of you, you're more than welcome to make the trek up to Marion to brew with me (pending SWMBO approval). I've got a Brown ale and an IPA on tap ready to go.

I certainly don't expect plans to change for me, just presenting it as an alternative.

We can always share some equipment so you dont have to lug EVERYTHING down here. Like you dont need to bring a burner and probably not a propane tank. You can use mine or someone else's pot and we typically only use one wort chiller for everyone.

It's up to you though. It's not only going to be Chill and me so were not going to make it up to your place.

I really want to come. I just don't think I can this time. (Its nice to know that I have brewers close by)
Never really brewed with anyone before...
I have a blond ale that is going into the keg, a new castle clone that is going into the secondary, and I have to brew another blond ale for a wedding, all on Saturday. On top of that, we're checking out of the hotel early Sat morning & driving back from Cedar Point so I'll already be getting off to a late start, (vacation day Friday) & I still have 8 gallons of RO water to make... (Sigh)
Sunday I'm going to the super sport bike weekend at MidOhio so I have to get this done Sat...

How do you transport your wort? Do you pitch & then transfer in a car/truck? ...Or do you guys leave batches there?

Sneak peek at my Saturday...

peek1.jpg

peek2.jpg

peek3.jpg

peek4.jpg

No excuses needed! It looks like you have enough PBR\BUD in your fridge to satisfy your thirsts :D

I think most people just pitch, airlock and drive home "safely" or have their SWMOOs drive home "extra safely."

BTW...I'm typing this at 130am as I just founf out I hace to drive to a job site 2.5rs away tomorrow morning and be there by 9am. You know, they could have told me BEFORE I got drunk!!! :off:

Yeah, that's the bratwurst boiling beer. It has been there since my birthday cookout in June. OK, OK, I drink PBR! That sucks about work. At least its Friday, they cant take that away from you.

No excuses needed! It looks like you have enough PBR\BUD in your fridge to satisfy your thirsts :D

I think most people just pitch, airlock and drive home "safely" or have their SWMOOs drive home "extra safely."

BTW...I'm typing this at 130am as I just founf out I hace to drive to a job site 2.5rs away tomorrow morning and be there by 9am. You know, they could have told me BEFORE I got drunk!!! :off:

Yeah and the drive home is free aeration!

Yeah, that's the bratwurst boiling beer. It has been there since my birthday cookout in June. OK, OK, I drink PBR! That sucks about work. At least its Friday, they cant take that away from you.

Chris, is this your video series on Youtube?

Last edited by a moderator:
No pictures? Why the no live feed?

Sorry! Camera bat-trees went dead and had to re charge them. Here are a few. I was pretty busy drinking\brewing\cooking\entertaining so I took NO pictures at all! Luckily Chill took a couple but there are very few of some REAL brewing!

Some AWEsome ribs!!! PM me, I gots a good recipie!

My first AG...Me Love You Long Time!

Really...That's all the pic i have! We were WAY too busy (drinkin' n' brewin') to get some other pics.

People...if no one shows up from this forum (other than Chill) I'm done inviting from this forum! I've had 2 get-togethers and it's always been friends an co-workers and no HBT-ers. Always with the excuses! :D

Until next time...:mug:

Ok this is a reminder for the 27th. You guys are still up for it I trust?

SOB: When we gettin started?

That's right! The September 27th date is still a go. The now-married SOB (sorry ladies!) used the power of "the back-hand" and put his SWMBO in place in order to make this day a GO so we need to see some HBT members! I paid dearly for it...my hand still hurts!

I have a lot of left-over chicken sandwiches from the wedding (mmm...) for meals so show up whenever you fell like it, I'll be there! SWMBOs are welcome but I think mine and ChillHayze's SWMBO are going shopping at some point.

Come whenever you want (and then show up at my place...HEY-OH! :D) we'll be brewing most the day. I have plenty of outside brew space and a garage if the weather gets bad.

Please PM me for the address. :mug:

That's right! The September 27th date is still a go. The now-married SOB (sorry ladies!) used the power of "the back-hand" and put his SWMBO in place in order to make this day a GO so we need to see some HBT members! I paid dearly for it...my hand still hurts!

I have a lot of left-over chicken sandwiches from the wedding (mmm...) for meals so show up whenever you fell like it, I'll be there! SWMBOs are welcome but I think mine and ChillHayze's SWMBO are going shopping at some point.

Come whenever you want (and then show up at my place...HEY-OH! :D) we'll be brewing most the day. I have plenty of outside brew space and a garage if the weather gets bad.

Please PM me for the address. :mug:

Guess it's me and you again, buddy. Oh and Shane will prolly actually come this time!

I've never been to anything like this before. What is needed? What should I bring along i.e. grain, carboy(s), burner, pot etc.

JW

Basically, bring whatever you need to brew. If you cant haul (or dont have) a propane tank and burner, we can take turns with the couple we will have on hand.

Obviously you'll need your ingredients, tools (siphon, spoon, etc), yeast, carboy (or bucket) for your primary, and we can share brew pots if you cant bring one too.

Oh, and bring some beer to share! I have a couple on tap but it's always nice to try other brews.

It sounds like you're going to try and make it?

As a side note, the Buckeyes begin their Big10 season Saturday Sept 27, so I plan on watching the game before we brew.

Everyone is welcome to come for the game prior to brewing.

Back