Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4171.jpg

IMG_4170.jpg

It only took 3 weeks to repaint the fridge, order all the parts, and about 50 trips to Lowe's, but its finally done....kinda

I still have to wire in the Love Temp controller and thats it. I wish I would have used two smaller drip trays, but this one was a deal from ebay so I could put more money towards grain and hops.

4 cans of the appliance epoxy paint. I did a light coat, and, another coat, sand, then let it set a week. Then I washed it with soap and water and gave two more coats, and it came out great.

What kind of fridge is under there??? show us the inside!
BTW, your bar rocks!:rockin:

Thanks! Rushed to get it done in 12 days for a buddy's bachelor party last Saturday and I'm happy it turned out well. Unfortunatly, I don't have any homebrew on tap yet and my pipeline is about two months out for having my beer on tap. Currently I've a 1/6bbl of Stoudt's Scarlet Lady ESB and a 1/2bbl of Bud Light for the BMC drinkers at the party, soon to be my boil keggle.

I used a Haier upright mini freezer (not fridge) and made a cold box out of exterior sheathing, 3 inches of pink foam insulation on all sides, "Great Stuff" spray foam for sealing cracks and voids, and fiberglass shower wall board for the interior skin. The exterior of the bar is made of 1/2" Oak veneer plywood trimmed with dimensional Red Oak lumber from HD. Counter is made of 3/4" particle board with 1/2" oak veneer ply to make a very sturdy overhang.

2692541007_db37ceb7a1.jpg

All edges are either silicon caulked or taped with insulated waterproof foil tape.

2693356328_97f2b65080.jpg

I'm using a Ranco ETC for controlling the freezer and it holds right around 41 degrees F without much trouble. Currently the sensor is just hanging in air inside the cold box, so the display says 48 as I had the box open for the previous pictures. I used the packing strap to make sure that the freezer didn't move and that it compressed the weatherstripping and closed cell foam properly. Not a leak.

2693356886_c288a17e48.jpg

I finally get to join in and post pictures of my "almost a kegerator"

2693193768_bd2f20a087_b.jpg

2693194698_d52c7936de.jpg

I refuse to acknowledge this as a Kegerator. You my friend suck! :D

That is beautiful, and the work is exquisite, but I am honest enough and jealous enough to know that we can never be friends. :cross:

WOW...That's all I can say!

I just joined here and thought I'd toss in a couple shots of mine.

DSCN9502.JPG

DSCN9601.JPG

DSCN9606b.jpg

sorry if that's too many pics. I'm an image junkie.

Well,

I finally got my Keezer started. It's about 90% complete. I picked up the freezer from Craigslist for $100. It's a 13 cf Kenmore. I wired the Love controller into the compressor, and removed the old cool controller. I still want to add a fan, paint the wood, insulate the wood and add secondary regulators and move the CO2 outside.

Unfortunately, I can't add the fan to the control loop, as the compressor won't handle any load, so I have a solid state relay, that I will test next weekend.

Next is my Brew Stand so I can move to All-Grain.

Almost Done - I still need to clean up the silicone, paint the wood and add a handle.

Controller - I was able to fit the controller into the door edge. Almost looks lke it belongs.

Couldn't Wait - I had a keg that was stored in neighbor's kegerator, but now it has a home.

PowerCord - The freezer had a power extension to power a light in the door. I used that to power the Love Controller.

BTW, how do I add attachments that show up as picures, not links?

Almost Done.jpg

Controller.jpg

couldn't wait.jpg

PowerCord.jpg

I just joined here and thought I'd toss in a couple shots of mine.

DSCN9502.JPG

sorry if that's too many pics. I'm an image junkie.

SilverKing, is that a 5 cu foot chest freezer? I've been trying to track one down on craigslist because it looks to be the perfect size! I'd also mount wheels on it I think but it looks good!

Well,

I finally got my Keezer started. It's about 90% complete. I picked up the freezer from Craigslist for $100. It's a 13 cf Kenmore. I wired the Love controller into the compressor, and removed the old cool controller. I still want to add a fan, paint the wood, insulate the wood and add secondary regulators and move the CO2 outside.

Unfortunately, I can't add the fan to the control loop, as the compressor won't handle any load, so I have a solid state relay, that I will test next weekend.

Next is my Brew Stand so I can move to All-Grain.

Almost Done - I still need to clean up the silicone, paint the wood and add a handle.

Controller - I was able to fit the controller into the door edge. Almost looks lke it belongs.

Couldn't Wait - I had a keg that was stored in neighbor's kegerator, but now it has a home.

PowerCord - The freezer had a power extension to power a light in the door. I used that to power the Love Controller.

BTW, how do I add attachments that show up as picures, not links?

I'm not sure I understand your fan issue. Why not have a small 12V fan in there spinning full-time? You don't have to have it function with the controller. Those little computer fans are designed to blow for years and produce negligible amounts of heat.

Also, nicely done with the controller embedded in the edge of the door.

Thirdly, upload your pics to your member gallery and then use the "insert image" tool to paste in the http links to your gallery pics.

I'm not sure I understand your fan issue. Why not have a small 12V fan in there spinning full-time? You don't have to have it function with the controller. Those little computer fans are designed to blow for years and produce negligible amounts of heat.

Also, nicely done with the controller embedded in the edge of the door.

Thirdly, upload your pics to your member gallery and then use the "insert image" tool to paste in the http links to your gallery pics.

Well, I don't have a 12V supply available, so I need to transform down. Just as much work as adding the relay. Also, the HVAC guys I've talked to suggest that the fan operate only when the compressor is operating and in cooling mode. This is the most efficient way of cooling.

Yea, I couldn't believe how well the Love fit that portion of the door.

Thanks for the upload tip, I'll give that a try on the next set of pictures.

SilverKing, is that a 5 cu foot chest freezer? I've been trying to track one down on craigslist because it looks to be the perfect size! I'd also mount wheels on it I think but it looks good!

I think it might be 5.2cu ft, but you've got the idea. it's a Crosley brand that I got off craigslist for just $50. and only a year old. You're definitely looking in the right place.

As you can see I added a 6" collar to it and it's got just enough room for 3 cornies and my 5#C02 tank.

But.... from what would we have dispensed it?!?! :D :D :D

Edit: Oh yeah. Here's mine. New tap handles and more stickers. ALWAYS more stickers.
Photo_002.jpg

Sorry for the rough cell pics, but:

img019.jpg

img020.jpg

Any thoughts about finishing the collar's exterior? With the black freezer, I really don't want to stain it- I'd love to do some type of a metal finish- ideas?

BTW, beautiful bar MMB!

Well here's my little beauty. Will hold 6 but only have 3 for now. Pouring Terrapin Golden Ale and Blue Moon for now until my first batch is ready to be kegged. I have this funny feeling that I will end up with more kegs for my brews
100_1442.jpg

100_1443.jpg

100_1445.jpg

100_1447.jpg

kybaker- wow, there's a lot of wasted space there. I hope you plan on adding another tower or two- or building a collar and putting taps across the front.

kybaker- wow, there's a lot of wasted space there. I hope you plan on adding another tower or two- or building a collar and putting taps across the front.

Looking at his website, it appears that he's currently holding 2 sanke kegs which probably keeps the freezer relatively full.

Sorry for the rough cell pics, but:

Any thoughts about finishing the collar's exterior? With the black freezer, I really don't want to stain it- I'd love to do some type of a metal finish- ideas?

BTW, beautiful bar MMB!

Thanks wstaufe

I'd go stainless backsplash material to cover the wood. That might looks slick.

Or I'd go with the decorative metal inserts they have now for ceiling tiles.

At 20 I had already outgrown my 1st kegerator, and hadn't started brewing, thus necessitating my 2nd one. But then again, kegs were illegal on my campus, cans were not. So our "kegerator" was really just a beer fridge. A big beer fridge. With a couple gross of cans of beer in it at all times.

Heh. I remember when I drank Bud Heavy all the time. I remember being too young to smoke cigarettes, my entire freshman year of college. Lol freakin lolsauce.

Latest posts

Back