So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm planning on putting together an IPA and putting it on the yeast cake of my saison that is in it's third week of fermentation. It'll be 10lbs or so of 2-row, and 2lbs of wheat and hopped with centennial. The saison was from a batch that my buddies and I split, and its got White Labs Saison yeast.

I'm hoping for a funky Belgian IPA...

If everything goes as planned and I get my orders in from Midwest and Ritebrew, I'll be brewing one if not both Centennial IPA and Hoptimum.

Brewing up a SMaSH Maris Otter/Simcoe Saison this weekend for my clubs upcoming SMaSH competition. Should be an interesting beer =)

I'm being right now a Galaxy, citra, centennial IIPA. I will be away this weekend, hence my mid week brewing. I have never used galaxy, and I will try and showcase this, by using it more than the other 2.

Brewed last weekend, this weekend is for taking my second shot at making cheese. Trying to perfect mozzarella and feta. Then on to bigger and better things.

I'm being right now a Galaxy, citra, centennial IIPA. I will be away this weekend, hence my mid week brewing. I have never used galaxy, and I will try and showcase this, by using it more than the other 2.

Those galaxy hops smelled amazing. The sample tasted awesome. 1.090 so this should be a good one!

really hope I can carve out some time to keg and make a batch of SMaSH V2.0. Brewing has really taken a back seat to drinking for me lately, darn keezer keeps telling me to open it and pull a pint or four instead of brewing.

Going to brew the all grain version of my Marzen Oktoberfest style lager also know as Zurichfest. Got to get a batch ready for the autumn season that's coming soon.
Was going to brew a pumpkin ale, but my brewing partner hasn't come up with a recipe yet.

I actually need help. I have entirely too many things in fermentors.

Apple Graff, Caramel apple cider, Dubbel, Belgian strong, Pumpkin ale, Strawberry/rhubarb ale, Mother of Dragons / Game of Thrones Mead, JAOM, and Yellow Plum Ale. Just bottled a Wheat Saison and a HopCult IPA.

Hi, My name is Mike, I'm addicted to brewing.:eek:

Hi Mike! lol

The plan is to brew this weekend...we'll see how it goes.

Will be Northern Brewer's Imperial Stout extract kit, using Wyeast 1728 Scottish Ale Yeast. Put the starter on this AM.

I know it's not much change from the kit OG of 1.086, but I was thinking to maybe round it out to an even 1.090 with about 1/2 pound of dextrose. Thoughts on that?

Sunday is brew day for me, a clone of Green Flash West Coast IPA. I'll also be kegging 10 gallons of Oatmeal Stout.

:mug:

Sounds good! I was thinking of trying something similar in the near future!

Sounds good! I was thinking of trying something similar in the near future... Please share the recipe if it goes well!

Brewing a pumpkin beer as I type. Painfully listening to a slow trickle of a sparge. I've got about three pounds of rice hulls in there and its still slow as molasses. This better turn out good!

I'm brewing MW's Jawbreaker Wheat Pale Ale right now. It's pretty simple: 6lb of liquid wheat extract, 1lb of dry wheat extract, and 4oz of hops (3oz Amarillo and 1oz Warrior). I'll be using Danstar Munich dry yeast.

This will probably be my last batch for a while since I've got a pretty big move coming up in a few months. Just enough time to enjoy what's already on tap and this batch and then pack everything up.

10 gallon batch of "Trench Pale Ale" recipe on hopville. A new Belgium dig cloneish recipe with target, cascade, nugget, Sorachi ace and Nelson sauvin

I did a Janets Brown once. turned out great. tons of Carapils though, brew was really foamy/frothy

Looks like Monday is brew day. The BYO Dreadnaught clone, which I haven't made in a year. Should be ready just in time for my daughter's wedding.

Going to do a 10gal batch of a brown ale. Simular to a Caribou Slobber. Slightly different grain bill and completely different hops. My dad loves dark beers so i'm making it for him.

I'm brewing NB's White House Honey Ale on my new turkey fryer that my wife bought me for Father's Day! It's so much better brewing outside than inside!

Brewing a Belgian Blonde and a Pumpkin Ale this weekend. Blonde is mashing now.

image-20470055.jpg

brewing my first all grain from recipe (done 5 all-grain Brooklyn Brew Shop kits so far). went to lhbs today and got ingredients to make an ESB (and a hydrometer, which i heretofore didn't own).

Grains:
15 # Belgian Pilsner
8 oz Belgian Chocolate
8 oz Belgion Cara Munich 60
1 # Belgian Aromatic

90 infusion @ 153, Fly Sparge @165

Hops/Spices
1.25 oz Northern Brewer @ 60 min.
2 Star Anise @ 60 min.
1# Dark Candi Syrup @ 60.

Wyeast Belgian Abbey

Cheers!

To celebrate Labor Day, I'm brewing my first single ten gallon batch--my American Rye Ale. I've done many ten gallon batches, but they were always two five gallon parti-gyle batches--one mash into two kettles with different gravities and hop schedules. Now I'm doing a single 10 gallon for the maiden voyage of my new 20 gallon brew kettle.

Labor Day is my brew day this weekend.
Doing a Scottish 60/- and AHS Sour Ginger Peach Ale.

Latest posts

Back