What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhh ... the weekend - finally! :mug:

image-3542362707.jpg

Waiting to pitch on my rice wine and this damn thing was staring at me every time I opened the fridge :ban: Terrapin Moo Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout. A delicious stout at that! Thanks Gabe!

ForumRunner_20130405_182349.jpg

Drinking Blue Sunday, I'm not particularly impressed. I picked up Lips of Faith Transatlantic Kriek so hopefully that's good.

Prepare to be even less impressed with Transatlantic Kriek. It's a Boon Kriek watered down with some New Belgium yellow beer. It tastes unoffensive/fine, but it isn't a proper Kriek and isn't worth anywhere near $16 a bomber.

Just my opinion. I hope you don't take it the wrong way.

Oh, and drinking my Islay Scotch Ale. If I brew this again I'll be altering the base beer, but the peated malt/Laphroaig-soaked oak is a nice combo once it has a few months to mellow.

Randy_Bugger said:
Prepare to be even less impressed with Transatlantic Kriek. It's a Boon Kriek watered down with some New Belgium yellow beer. It tastes unoffensive/fine, but it isn't a proper Kriek and isn't worth anywhere near $16 a bomber.

Just my opinion. I hope you don't take it the wrong way.

Appreciate the insight. I'm not too worried about it I've been wanting to try it but I've seen the reviews on it so I'm not expecting to have my mind blown.

Onto this one, one of the best porters I've ever had.

image-1606401980.jpg

Trying my first Two Roads White IPA (local brewery). It's ok but it's just not quite hoppy enough for my tastes -- and I am an IPA fanatic. Their Double IPA is pretty decent (I'd rate it 3.5 out of 5).

524360_10151869821717178_428414430_n.jpg

Onto this one, one of the best porters I've ever had.

Yes! This is my favorite Porter and I don't care much for the rest of GL's beers.

So many American Porters are just weak chocolate malt beers. Edmonds F is robust and tasty!

Yes! This is my favorite Porter and I don't care much for the rest of GL's beers.

So many American Porters are just weak chocolate malt beers. Edmonds F is robust and tasty!

You don't care for the rest of the line up? Do you not like beer? Haha just giving ya a hard time, have you tried Alchemy Hour? Eliot Ness, Commodore perry?

Randy_Bugger said:

That's because it's a stout ;)

Vivant Triomphe from Ostomo517. Too lazy for a pic, plus I need to wash glasses and it's in a pint. Really good beer, though. Yeast profile goes well with citrusy hops instead of the usual 'belgian IPA' where it's two different beers that don't get along crammed in the same glass.

Backpocket Wooden Nickel-a peated bock scottish style lager, about every style they have just came out here locally, except my favorate Jacknife pale ale-dang it.Their kinda different in that all they offer is 5.something% with everything. Scrounged up a six-mixer of them. Also a sixer of 2013 Ruthless.

2013 Ruthless. Like it better this than last year but loved the first year,kinda a weak aroma though,flavors seem more balanced also now but still with a classic strong piney bitter.Although I think Im a few months late on this one. Gotta 2012 to compare it to sometime.Wish I had cellard one to see how it does outside the icebox but did keep one or a few refrigerated for a year.

Back