Northern Brewer 6 gallon Better Bottle BOGO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
while this seems like a great deal, their shipping costs kill it. $23 to ship to ohio.

Same here on the shipping cost for Missouri... I did it anyway, have been wanting a better bottle or two. Free bottle basically offset by shipping cost

Yeah really. Guess I didnt see the shipping costs. May only be a good deal for people that live close to their distribution point. Must be they did away with $7.99 flat rate which is disappointing.

Same here on the shipping cost for Missouri... I did it anyway, have been wanting a better bottle or two. Free bottle basically offset by shipping cost

Still cheaper than all 4 of my LHBS. I wish people would quit complaining about NBs shipping. If you don't like it, don't shop there. Easy as pie.

What's ironic is that NB ended their flat rate shipping, explaining that they did it because they were just building the shipping price into their product prices. Now, they've done exactly the opposite. When they did this deal in October, the price was $35 for two 6 gallon Better Bottles shipped to my house. Now it's $42. This is still a decent deal, but it's off-putting to see shipping prices magically double in the last 3 months.

Still cheaper than all 4 of my LHBS. I wish people would quit complaining about NBs shipping. If you don't like it, don't shop there. Easy as pie.

I'm quite certain that nobody complaining about it is shopping there. And by now if there's a thread about Northern Brewer, invariably the topic of the inflated prices and outrageous shipping comes up. So you might want to avoid any NB threads because this is the outcome.

Anybody else order at this time? It's been a while and my order is still "pending fulfillment." I imagine there was a large amount of orders, but this seems unreasonable.

AmandaK said:

And you could also choose not to comment...

Anybody else order at this time? It's been a while and my order is still "pending fulfillment." I imagine there was a large amount of orders, but this seems unreasonable.

i picked a couple up the day the thread came out and mine were shipped the next day...

I jumped on this deal, and I received mine within 5-6 days (including the weekend). Shipping to MS wasn't that bad, although, I don't remember the exact price.

I jumped on this deal, and I received mine within 5-6 days (including the weekend). Shipping to MS wasn't that bad, although, I don't remember the exact price.

Well I got notice this morning that both my packages from NB are out for delivery today :fro:

Back