BJs Restaurant And Brewhouse Camaraderie Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJasonT

Reaction score
I had this beer last night for this first time. It might have been the best beer I have ever had.

For those of you that don't know BJ's, think of a place like Outback or Lonestar on steroids. They produce about 10 of their own beers, and have a list of other crafts about a mile long, it seems.

The Camaraderie Ale I had was so good that I'd like to clone it. The bartender said it was a blend of an American IPA and a Belgian Wit. It definitely had characteristics of each. Below are my tasting notes. Would anyone like to offer up a guess at a recipe?

Very pale color (5-6 SRM)

Thin head, lots of small bubbles, few larger ones as it dissipates to a thing white ring.

Aroma is very citrusy, not a lot of bitter, perhaps some fruit-like esters. (note: at the time I was thinking of something like raspberries)

Flavor of lemon on the front end. Smooth bitterness in the middle, more lemon and orange on the back.

Crisp and dry, a hint of sweetness

A picture of the brew:

image-1737675160.jpg

Back