Jake Keeler and Michael Dawson Leave Northern Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlakeL

Reaction score
Northern%20Brewer.PNG

I sure would like to know what the real story is here. Both Keeler AND Dawson leaving at the same time? I've been defending NB in regards to getting rid of the flat rate shipping but this just crossed the line...

If there is foul play afoot here NB will definitely be losing my business.

:mad:

That's the pro way to handle it, airing out dirty laundry makes both sides look dumb...

Something may have gone down, but maybe not. They're friends, they talk, it's not uncommon for folks to move on at the same time; drama is not a requisite, IME.

Maybe a future times brewery or something like that? Wonder why they both left though. I could see one or the other, but both? Someday a good story I bet.

Very sad indeed. There's a new brewery opening here all the time, maybe it's wishful thinking, but maybe...... Either way, BTV won't be the same w/o them, especially Dawson, he's hilarious!!

HPIM1154.jpg

Figured this was the appropriate glass for a great beer. One of my faves, St. Peter's India Pale Ale from Suffolk, UK.

I'm looking forward to the next incarnation(s) of Keeler and Dawson. :mug:

I know Northern Brewer is the primary source of funding for BTV, but I hold out some (perhaps misguided) hope for them to continue to appear in future episodes.

It does make me wonder what's up at Northern Brewer, though.

BTV's pretty much an NB deal, so I'd doubt they'll be back on that if there was some sort of falling out. Which, of course, is pure speculation because no one who's involved is sharing anything. I don't think much is "up" at NB, they recently opened a new store in S. Mpls and it still seems that they're one of the top suppliers in the country.
Obviously, whatever happened or didn't happen took place several months ago. BTV #66, July 10thish 2012, had Daws and Keeler, was a flashback to an older episode. BTV #67 Sept. 7th 2012, no Daws, no Keeler, just Chip and some uncomfortable tool who works at NB. Since then, semi-regular episodes, no Daws or Keeler......

Hmm, I knew they took a break a while back and that the latest episodes have been a lot of Chip, but didn't know any of this happened. I like Chip, I hope he can keep up the quality of the episodes, but I am worried. Keeler and Dawson just made the show too good and I'm not sure how they're going to maintain that.

Chip and Don O both chime in on that thread I linked above. Don has some insight, but no real info, on what happened. Sad, but it's good to see them talking about new shows. I think that, next to Dawson, Chip makes the show. Remember the Clemiforia Commontine episode, one of my favorites.

Chip and Don O both chime in on that thread I linked above. Don has some insight, but no real info, on what happened. Sad, but it's good to see them talking about new shows. I think that, next to Dawson, Chip makes the show. Remember the Clemiforia Commontine episode, one of my favorites.

Yep, that show won me some free Northern Brewer gear at NHC.

I like chip but the show isn't really that great without Jake and Mike. I've tried watching the episodes without them but it just isn't as good. It's like 2 and 1/2 men without Charlie Sheen.

After reading the other thread I'd say it's pretty clear Jake and Mike aren't continuing BTV.

However, Chip and Bryon Adams make a great pair. I vote for them as the permanent co-hosts!

After reading the other thread I'd say it's pretty clear Jake and Mike aren't continuing BTV.

However, Chip and Bryon Adams make a great pair. I vote for them as the permanent co-hosts!

Yeah, they're not gonna be back. Did you check out their blogs? The links are in that other thread.

Chip said the new episode will be "Hops Madness 2012" (very fitting, fresh hops beer is all the craze this year). Comes out 11/2 and will be Chip and BA. Lookin' forward to it!! :mug:

Jusat watched the new episode today. I miss Dawson and Keeler, but Chip did an excellent job and the next episode looks like it'll be excellent.

Back