swamp cooler tote

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinper

Reaction score
I had been looking all over for one of these , before i built a fermenter . Sams Club at the checkout there was isulated tote bags that will hold a carboy. They are 9$ will post pic tomorrow.

pics as promised

tote 001.jpg

tote 002.jpg

tote 003.jpg

Dam I clicked on everyone of the suppliers and were out of stock for the round ones ,, the tote is shown at 18$ Sams was only 9$

Do you know the dimensions and/or if a 6.5 gallon carboy will fit?

Tested it out using my 3 gallon better bottle. Height was good. I zipped it up to the neck and used clothes pins to secure the other side. I tested with 2 20z and 1 32oz water bottles as my cooling source. My fermometer sucks so I don't have accurate measurements throughout the day but the water started at 70 degrees yesterday afternoon (4:30pm) and this morning (6:30am) when I dumped it was 55 degrees.

bump.

Anyone know if one of those will work for a 6.5 gallon bucket and S airlock? I want to start another batch but don't have the funds for both a carboy a recipe kit.

Thanks OP. Cheap and worth a try, so bought one at Sam's yesterday. As mentioned and shown, my 5Gal Better Bottle seems to fit perfectly.

Yesfan, I haven't put my 6.5gal bucket in it but I'm sure the bucket would stick out above the cooler sides. I would say it could still work but may want to put a wet towel or shirt over the top.

Robert
GypsyBrew

Thanks OP. Cheap and worth a try, so bought one at Sam's yesterday. As mentioned and shown, my 5Gal Better Bottle seems to fit perfectly.

Yesfan, I haven't put my 6.5gal bucket in it but I'm sure the bucket would stick out above the cooler sides. I would say it could still work but may want to put a wet towel or shirt over the top.

Robert
GypsyBrew

If it's no trouble, can you post a pic of what the tote would look like with a bucket in it? I used one of those 17 gallon rope handled tubs for me and just let it sit in room temp water (no ice bottles). It was a bit messy when it came time to transfer from the ferment bucket to my bottling bucket.

Even if the bucket sticks out a bit from the top, I don't mind. If I have enough room for a few 20oz frozen bottles or some ice packs to wedge in there, I imagine it should be less messy than my previous swamp cooler arrangement.

Latest posts

Back