In Colorado for the week...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kojack84

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What a place for beer! Every day we've been able to see different microbreweries.

Are there any homebrewertalkers gone pro in the Denver/Boulder area? Any hidden gem places to check out?

Welcome!!!Where in Co are you going to be? Will you have access to a car and or a driver that will shuttle you around? The Falling Rock Taphouse on 20th and Blake is perhaps one of the best if not the best beer bars in Denver. Great Divide is also downtown. Vine Street Pub (17th and Vine), Cheeky Monk ( Belgians..Yummy!!!!) is on Colfax about 1/4 mi. past the Capitol. Just out side of Downtown is Crooked Stave ( Sours) This should be a good start for you.. All these placed have websites with more info

Try Hogshead Brewery if you like very traditional, cask conditioned English ales served from a handpump. They also have some versions on keg.

Caution Brewing is somewhat hard to find and the tap room is only open Fri-Sun but they do serve some unique interpretations of classic styles.

Wit's End is also hard to find and has limited tap room hours. Scott is making some great beers on a 1 bbl brewhouse.

TRVE Brewing is a little bigger brewhouse but still is offering some VERY unique styles. Check it out if you are into heavy metal.

Denver Beer Company just celebrated their 1 yr. anniversary. Fairly easy to find and a great beer patio.

I go to Denver alot. I love Great Divide. We have a good friends there and always have a good time.

I HIGHLY recommend FreshCraft. Only 3 block down from falling rock, and an awesome Tap selection (lots of stuff I couldnt find anywhere else in town). By far my favorite beer bar that I went too on my last trip.

We are staying at friends houses in both Boulder and Denver, driving biking and cabbing into both places depending on the distance. We checked out Oskar Blues last night, very cool place!

We do have a groupon limo-brewery tour for Thursday and will be hitting up some that are on their list.

Falling Rock sounds great, as do the others! We will try to hit up as much as we can.

Other small brewers in town:

River North - new brewery near Coors field. Cool guys and quite good beer

Renegade - Art district on Santa Fe outside of downtown. Good beer

The two to for sure hit though are Great Divide and Dry Dock down in Aurora. 45 minutes or so from downtown, but they're really good. Lots of GABF and World Beer Cup medals like great divide

Avery is in boulder and worth checking out so is Twisted Pine and Boulder Beer Company. City Star brewing in Berthoud is worth checking out.

In Denver there are so many places to go. Euclid Hall is great and they have rockin' food & and a great tap list as well as beer cocktails. Hops & Pie is another favorite; amazing mac and cheese and a great tap as well.

I gotta agree with Kate, Dry Dock is one worth putting on the list as is GD.

Thanks for all the help guys!

We ended up hitting around 15 breweries plus checking out Falling Rock, along with some sight seeing. The Hops & Pie pizza place is a pretty awesome spot! (plus I got to see my boy Felix pitch his perfect game there, extra points for that)

We checked out:

Asher Brewing
Avery Brewing
Boulder Beer
Bootstrap Brewing
Oskar Blues
Estes Park Brewery
Dry Dock
BJ's Pizza + Brewing
Left Hand
Pateros Creek Brewery
Odells