Dogfish head 90-min.IPA clone ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullstop22

Reaction score
Recipe from BYO 150 recipes at the end it says "dry hop in secondary at 71 degrees for 3-5 days, then cool to 32 degrees ." Do you think this means to cool in secondary or bottle, carbonate then cool? Step by step ends with cool to 32 degrees.

I'm just a newbie here but I'll take a shot. I would assume "bottle, carbonate, then cool" unless you're kegging; in which case you could just cool to 32. If you're bottling, you have to keep it around 70 until it carbonates.

If the yeast settles out of suspension would I have to add grains of yeast to carbonate when bottling? Thanks for your help .

nope... there's still plent of healthy, living yeast in the beer. Prime with sugar, bottle, wait three weeks and enjoy.

I hope it turns out well.

I didn't make a clone, but I just bottled an IIPA yesterday and the sample tasted fantastic.

Do you mind posting up the recipe, if you get a chance, I would like to have this one on file for further down the road.

Back