Three New Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddymem

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Three labels I came up with for my last three beers I am now drinking.

glencharliegrapefruit.jpg

SumfhausBruan.jpg

LOSTBOYIPA.jpg

hayesandzembiec.jpg

Ready to be bottled once I am up to it. Recipe is Cream of Three Crops. I put 1 gallon on cranberries, still haven't figured what to call that one yet.

what are the dimensions you use for these labels? And what program are you using? Assuming you could do this in any program - it looks like you are just writing over the jpg image correct?

These are just for fun, I don't actually put labels on the beers, just come up with label I would put on them. I use GIMP so it is xcf format native and I save down to jpg to post online. They are a little bigger than the label printed would be because it fits my screen better, I'd scale down to 6.5-7 inch wide.

GIMP is like a free Photoshop program that uses layers, once you get the hang of it, the possibilities are unlimited.

Ones I liked:

Sumpfhaus
Lost Boy
Sour Amer
Wareham

Those were nice. The rest, meh. The white text on your labels needs a dark outline (see the cranberry). Put a border or something between the text on the right and the actual label.

Kudos to you, I almost never make labels. Nice touch, I just don't get the urge.

Back