Naked City Presents LagerFest 2009 - June 18-21

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
Join us at Naked City Taphouse from June 18th - 21st for the first ever LagerFest! Drink great lagers from Washington State, across the country and around the world! including some rarities. I can't think of a better way to usher in Summer!
LagerFest Poster2.jpg

I will be there! I'm kinda hooked on Baron's Pilsener(I really liked their soured Doppelbock at the soured beer fest at Brouwers, too). This is a GREAT idea for a summer beerfest!

Started receiving kegs this week. Some very cool stuff
Samichlaus Helles
Chuckanut Rauchbier
Baron Sour Smoked Doppelbock
Spaten Premium Bock
Hacker-Pschorr Munich Gold
Boundary Bay Pilsner
Schlenkerla Helles
Big Time Ave Rat Malt Liquor
Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock
Roslyn Dark Lager
Kostritzer Schwartzbier
Snipes Mountain Los Borrachos Rye Lager
Maritime Maybock
Kulmbacher Eisbock
Trumer Pils
Czechvar
Victory Braumeister Pils
Big Al Vienna Lager
Silver City Deluxe Malt Liquor
Anchor Steam Beer
Paulaner Oktoberfest
Alpine Marzen
...and more

I actually have that weekend off, so we may be taking the train up there! I will talk to SWMBO and see what she thinks.

It's about time buddy! :D

I know, I know. Throw some beers in me and I could regale you with some tales of woe. I really feel like a ****** for not making it over sooner.

I am also making plans for the Seattle International Beerfestival, but seeing as how Naked City isn't on the beer list as far as I can tell, I'm guessing you probably aren't attending this year.

This is a go! We will be up there some time Saturday afternoon.

Have fun. Unfortunately it looks like I have to cancel again. By the time I make it over to NC, they will be competing with Sam Adams.

Finally got a chance to stop in at Naked City and got to sample a lot of the lagerfest stuff. It's well worth the trip. 24 taps running, and he even snuck a couple extra taps on the side to throw a couple IPA's up there to keep the hop heads happy. Although he only had the two, the Union Jack and Piney the Elder easily meets the needs of us hopheads till he gets around to rotating out all those lagers. No hurry needed on that, man did he pick a varried sampling of lagers. I can sill taste the smoked sour I think. :mug:

I also got to talk with Don some. A genuine nice guy who deserves all the success in the world with his new business. Well done, and thanks.

I also met EvilTOJ (Jesse) and his lovely swmbo as well who had come up from Oregon. Don was nice enough to give us a tour of the pub and show us all the brewing equipment that is yet to come on line. I would have loved to hang out all night, but after an early afternoon with a few beers at the Seattle Solstice parade and a few rounds of lagerfest samplers at Naked City plus a few pints of the IPA's, prudence reminded me that I was driving.

I definitely recommend Naked City to anyone who hasn't made it yet. I'll be sampling some of Brewtopias work at the beer festival tomorrow in Kenmore as well.

We were there until the late hours of the night. The sour smoked doppelbock was divine, but to be taken in small doses, for sure. I am now addicted to rye and must try some in a lager now. I love it in the 777 RyePA and will be formulating a recipe for a rye lager.

There was hilarious drunken drama after you left Zen, where a drunken crackwhore ordered a tall glass of beer, and flicked her quarter change back at the bartender. She then poured the beer out on the floor and dashed the glass against the wall! Don got to call the police and one of his employees (bless his heart) went across the street to the bar where said crackwhore and retreated too. They kicked her out of there as well.

We were there until the late hours of the night. The sour smoked doppelbock was divine, but to be taken in small doses, for sure. I am now addicted to rye and must try some in a lager now. I love it in the 777 RyePA and will be formulating a recipe for a rye lager.

There was hilarious drunken drama after you left Zen, where a drunken crackwhore ordered a tall glass of beer, and flicked her quarter change back at the bartender. She then poured the beer out on the floor and dashed the glass against the wall! Don got to call the police and one of his employees (bless his heart) went across the street to the bar where said crackwhore and retreated too. They kicked her out of there as well.

I guess she didn't like the beer?

Look at what I missed out on.

OMG! That would have been a riot, except I would have felt bad for Don watching the woman throw the glass against the wall in his new business. Thank god she didn't take out a mirror or the TV...or worse a beer tap :)
Did she pour the beer cuz she didn't like it, or was it just some random act of
f**keduppedness?

Did she pour the beer cuz she didn't like it, or was it just some random act of f**keduppedness?

It was definitely the latter. She said we gave her a beer with poison in it! :cross:

Thanks for coming in guys! I love having HBT in the house :mug:

So my trip to Seattle for a work conference this week is over. I got a chance to experience Washington Brewers Festival and Naked City.

Here is a picture of Washington Brewers Festival:
P6210041.JPG

One of the events was a "Brewer's Keg Toss". Here is the line up on stage:
P6210043.JPG

Here is Naked City's Brewer getting ready to toss the keg:
P6210044.JPG

Here is an action shot of the keg in the air:
P6210045.JPG

And we finally made it out to Naked City on Tuesday night, and this is the last picture my camera got before the batteries died:
P6220055.JPG

It was an awesome bar. LOTS of beer on tap- but only got a chance to try a few. (I had to drive). The only gripe I had (and it's a small one), is that there were no Naked City beers on tap.

Other than that- I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, great bar!

Damn, I want one of those at our beer festivals! Reminds me of that one SCA event where they had a game called Spear the Beer....

Back