Bend suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UWDawg13

Reaction score
Hi all.

We are spending Memorial Day in Bend, and I couldn't be more excited. I know it's Beer Week then, but just looking for any suggestions for food, brews, golf, and anything else we can't miss.

We're staying on the west side of the river, but a stones throw away from Bend Brewing. I've heard we can't miss Crux. But thought I would turn to you guys for any suggestions.

Cheers!

Crux, definitely, and Boneyard for breweries. There's a growler filling place within every several miles at the most too. Oregon Brewers' Association website is a good resource to check.

Thanks pdxal.

I'll check that site out. I've mapped where we're staying and 9 breweries are less than a mile from where we are staying. Have checked out the event site, but appreciate the suggestion.

Check out Worthy Brewery... great place, delicious beer, and great food. Boneyard's RPM IPA is one of my favorites too (different brewery)

Well we had a great flipping time in Bend for Memorial Day and the COBW.

Crux and boneyard were absolutely great. Boneyard is a tasting room / growler fill room with merchandise. I love their beers.

Crux had a great outdoor area that was both kid and dog friendly. Great beer and food.

McMenamins is worth stopping in at if nothing else for the soaking pool and then having a beer. Have some really cool fire places outside on the patio too.

Silver Moon is a must stop place. I hadn't had the pleasure of trying their beers before (live near Seattle) but loved them. They had an India Session Red that I drank a gallon of over about 2 days. Also had a RyePA that was fantastic too.

We plan on going back next year, and I will be skipping Worthy - just not crazy about their beer.

Might skip 10 barrels brew pub and see if they do tastings at the brewery. I like 10 barrel a lot but it was super crowded, and I'd had most of the beers offered before. Although they had a cucumber sour that was really tasty.

Bend Brewing and Deschutes are definitely worth stopping in at. Really want to do the deschutes brewery tour next time.

Wasn't impressed with Brew Werks (had the worst service and food we had all weekend) beer was not worth the headache. Probably wont be going to Rat Hole brewing again either, just nothing too special.

Three Creeks up in Sisters was great, had a 10 beer sampler and all were above average, with another really good Rye IPA here.

We went to all 14 breweries on the bend ale trail, and I know I left some off here. Feel free to ask away if you had any specific questions about a brewery or anything else in Bend (from my visitors perspective)

Did that last year and will do it again in about two weeks. We'll be camping in Sisters area and making daily trips to Bend. I agree with comments above.. for sure.

They had good beer at Three Creeks in Sisters. Their Rye IPA was a big hit with our group

They had good beer at Three Creeks in Sisters. Their Rye IPA was a big hit with our group

I live here and there are a few breweries that you missed that should be tried. Head north 17 miles to Redmond and try Wild Ride Brew and Juniper Brewing. There is also Below Grade brewing in Bend that has some great beers and North Rim Brewing also. Bridge 99 brewing has some good choices too. And if you like old world beers check out Ale Apothecary
Silvermoon is my goto for great beers and some of the best atmosphere of any brewery

Latest posts

Back