Any Homebrew Clubs that Brew together?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FeelingSurly

Reaction score
Anyone know of any Homebrew clubs that may brew beer together? Or any homebrew clubs near Logan Square area of Chicago? Joining CHAOS sounds alright but I do not want to be surround by "Beer Aficionados" - ANYONE can drink beer but not everyone knows or is interested in brewing it.

You can try Square Kegs Homebrew Club in Lincoln Square. I know they were working on a group space a while back but I am not sure if they have one yet.

Are you looking for large group brew days? Or just a couple guys getting together and brewing?

I usually brew alone at home with my 4 kids around. I live between Andersonville and Lincoln Square on Foster if you are ever interested in a small group thing. I have a garage and propane burner but have to haul water from the house if I brew out there.

Hi,

I'm a member of CHAOS, and I live in Logan Square. The great thing about CHAOS for me is that a majority of the equipment you need for going all grain (mill, burners, pots, MLTs) is available for use at the club. I do all of my brewing, fermenting, kegging, and bottling at the club's brewhouse, which is great given that I have limited space at home. The downside obviously is that you have to pay monthly to keep brewing at the brewhouse. It's worth it for me, but is certainly not for everyone. I suggest you check out our Open House on June 15, or you can just drop by the brewhouse this weekend, as folks will be brewing both Saturday and Sunday.

Is there anything specific about CHAOS that you would like to know? I'm not sure what you mean by "beer aficionados." We're all beer enthusiasts, and the majority of our members are brewers as well. We have a few members who are more into the social aspects of the club, rather than brewing, but CHAOS is first and foremost a homebrew club.

Let me know if I can answer any questions about CHAOS.

-Adam

You can try Square Kegs Homebrew Club in Lincoln Square. I know they were working on a group space a while back but I am not sure if they have one yet.

Are you looking for large group brew days? Or just a couple guys getting together and brewing?

I usually brew alone at home with my 4 kids around. I live between Andersonville and Lincoln Square on Foster if you are ever interested in a small group thing. I have a garage and propane burner but have to haul water from the house if I brew out there.

That sounds awesome! I would love to brew with you and some other people! How convenient...just moved out of Lincoln Square! Oh well...not surrounded by strollers anymore ;) Just let me know next time you're having a brew day, then maybe after we can reward ourselves after a long strenuous day of brewing by going to Hopleaf!

FeelingSurly said:
That sounds awesome! I would love to brew with you and some other people! How convenient...just moved out of Lincoln Square! Oh well...not surrounded by strollers anymore ;) Just let me know next time you're having a brew day, then maybe after we can reward ourselves after a long strenuous day of brewing by going to Hopleaf!

You sound like a reasonable man by all accounts! I left Lincoln Square proper almost 4 years ago. I hated that neighborhood for the same reason and I have kids!

What's your app location in Logan Square? I have a friend at Western and Armitage and I hang out down that way every once in a while.

FeelingSurly said:
Haha yep..right there! I'm assuming Map Room or Green Eye???

Map Room, Floyd's, Piece, Revolution...I don't discriminate. Been to all of those in the past 6 months.

Closest one is Revolution for me...and by FAR the best! Just applied to get a job there...hoping I get a position.

They just put on a beer called District North Line Lager that is obviously Lagered but has a grain bill of an IPA. WOW it is delicious!

I got kind of pissy with Maproom because of the seating AND they don't serve pretzels anymore! Ughhh.

Anyone know of any Homebrew clubs that may brew beer together? Or any homebrew clubs near Logan Square area of Chicago? Joining CHAOS sounds alright but I do not want to be surround by "Beer Aficionados" - ANYONE can drink beer but not everyone knows or is interested in brewing it.

Chicago Home Brewers Group is more of a virtual club but we do get together from time to time at various bars both in the city and in the burbs. We usually get a pretty large gathering at my place on a quarterly basis during the massive group buy pickups that i coordinate. Feel free to check us out. Cheers!

chicagohomebrewers.org
chicagohomebrewers.org/phpbb

I'm new to the forum but have an AG setup and would be down to get together with some people. I also live in Logan Square.

As someone who brews at CHAOS fairly often, I'd also say that you're also welcome to check out our brewing calendar and come by whenever someone is brewing. Almost everyone in the club is going to be open to having some company while brewing. I know I have several different friends (and others) that have come by to see the process in full just out of curiosity. Some of them have ended up getting into brewing and some just like to watch. That's part of why I love the CHAOS, I'm almost never brewing alone.

As someone who brews at CHAOS fairly often, I'd also say that you're also welcome to check out our brewing calendar and come by whenever someone is brewing. Almost everyone in the club is going to be open to having some company while brewing. I know I have several different friends (and others) that have come by to see the process in full just out of curiosity. Some of them have ended up getting into brewing and some just like to watch. That's part of why I love the CHAOS, I'm almost never brewing alone.

where will the new brew house be now that chaos is being forced to vacate the existing one?

where will the new brew house be now that chaos is being forced to vacate the existing one?

The new brewhouse will be very close to the current one (Grand & Western). Long term lease so we don't have to worry about this property being sold for condo development like the current one was

hi, I'm also a home brewer in Logan Square. If you know of brewers meeting up around this area let me know.

Hey Skunkmere & logankid - our move is complete & the new CHAOS space is officially open at Hubbard & Western as of this Sunday. Check out the calendar at www.chaosbrewclub.net for any events, classes, or people with a scheduled brew & stop by to see the space. Hopefully you'll like what you see & can join in on the fun

I'm not looking for a brew facility like chaos. just people to meet, hangout and maybe trade with. Anything going on around Logan Square area?

I'm not looking for a brew facility like chaos. just people to meet, hangout and maybe trade with. Anything going on around Logan Square area?

we get together on occasion all over the city to facilitate people's varying geographical locations. When we meet in the city we usually meet at Haymarket. You can follow our humble group; just look at the links in my sig. prost!

skunkmere,

I'm probably going to get something going on Sunday of this week. I moved out of the neighborhood this month but am still off western a little bit north of logan.

If you wanted to get together, I'm down.

kmstyf

Back