My Label.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coy

Reaction score
My great-grandfather & grandfather use to make wine (Pre-probition erra) so I wanted to use his label to send some beer to family members.. After calling alot of them finally my Uncle had an old one that he scanned in and emailed me.

I'll be reworking it to get some crisper colors and change the vinyard house to some beer brewing type of image and might use a more moder font.

This is the origonal label. I'll only be able to work on it a little each week so it's defenatly going to take a little time, plus all the details..

So here is the start. lol
Luchetti_New_mexico_Light_Wine_one_half_gallon.jpg

NICE starting point! There's so much detail! I take it the 2 crown & standards are a sort of family crest or a coat of arms? I'm curious as to the significance of the shields/coins/medallions. Are they another family-centric item, or are they awards won by the winery? It'll be interesting to see a side by side before & after of this label. Regards, GF.

Thanks guys.
I tried to get a little more information about the label but it's pretty limited. My grandfather died it the 80's and the rest of the family doesn't really have any feed back. they just say it's what they used, but because of probition quit selling wine, but made their own private use wines. And didn't have any more labels made after they used them. My great grandfather came from Itally and started making wine not long after, with my grandfather and his brothers and sisters helping. So they could of just purchased a premade label or designed it themselves. My aunt said she would ask my great aunt about it next time she visited, so I'm optamistic of it having some sort of significance to wards it's history.. if not it still has sentamental relevence. My grandfather had this one framed and hanging on their wall as long as I could remember, so it obviously ment something to him. ;)

This is just a great story. I posted my logo (in the works) a while back. It's based on a Navy squadron patch my grandfather drew. I was working off a photocopy of a sketch but my father is looking for an actual patch, so I can get the accurate colors.

I would love to honor him, just as you want to honor your family's history.

I'd love to see how this pans out. Might engage you guys to do something nice with my grandfather's design.

This is just a great story. I posted my logo (in the works) a while back. It's based on a Navy squadron patch my grandfather drew. I was working off a photocopy of a sketch but my father is looking for an actual patch, so I can get the accurate colors.

I would love to honor him, just as you want to honor your family's history.

I'd love to see how this pans out. Might engage you guys to do something nice with my grandfather's design.

Sad thing is I'd be able to do your grandfathers patch before I'd get to finish this. LOL

This one will actually take me a while. I have alot of other logo/label designs that I need to finish before undertaking something of my own that will require more than an hour of my time. :D

Back