Wtf Nhl!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonpure

Reaction score
Just bottled a smoked porter. Would've been better if I was watching a Sabres game! C'mon NHL!!!!!!!!

image-3735369980.jpg

The last Olympics got me watching Hockey and now it's looking like there won't even be a season. Not many games on where I live anyway but still.

The last time this happened, we got Crosby so bring it... but really, wtf. It's so bad I'm thinking about starting to watch football.

I hear ya. I brewed a batch specifically for the hockey season. It's currently sitting in the fridge just hoping they come to their senses

at least college and juniors still playing. Sometimes they are more exciting to watch anyway. They still play with passion.

I say fans unite and Boycott the NHL once things are settled!!! Both sides are there for OUR entertainment but the Greedy Bastards are arguing over how to divide the money WE pay THEM!!! Let them reach a "deal" then take 1 year and purchase zero tickets!!! I'm sure the other major sports would take heed next time they thought of raising tic prices etc...

Yeah. This crap has all but ruined my winter. On a side note, at lest I still have winter Michigan beer fest and a trip to Russian river in Feb.

Haters gonna hate haha. I still remember the first game my dad brought me to as a kid back when Ray Bourque was playing I think it was 94, they scored 3 short handed goals against the caps. Had me hooked.

I travel through TD Garden every day to and from work....if it wasn't bad enough without my Bruins, I have to walk by all the celtics stuff in the Bruins Pro Shop....ouch....

I would trade basketball forever for this season of hockey. Hear that nhl? You can have basketball.

Hell, would trade basketball for a good settin' hen or 5 lbs of potatoes...I cant remember the last time I actually watched a basketball game. I hate basketball. :fro:

I'm not a hockey or baseball fan, so if both go away(or to Canada) I won't mind at all!

According to the EA sports simulation, the Caps are only 1 game out of first in the Eastern Conference! Yeah, it's that sad that ESPN is actually posting video game simulations to replace games... :(

I stock piled several kegs and many cords of wood to sit home, pour a beer and watch the Sabres next to a warm fire. Not happy, maybe I'll get back into skiing if we ever get snow.

At least the Amerks will be in town on the 28th!

I used to be a HUGE hockey fan; but after the last lock out I lost interest. After the Wild made some good off season moves, I was looking forward to watching hockey again. :(

Big Caps fan here. My ticket budget was going to go towards homebrewing. Instead, it's going towards baby stuff because I don't have time to brew as much as I'd like. My oatmeal stout that was ready around the time the season would've started has been dubbed "Lockout Stout."

I've been watching Marlies games when they're on. The AHL is great hockey, I wish more stations would pick it up. CBC is showing old "classic" games on Hockey Night In Canada right now, when they should be putting on live AHL games. I can't wait for the World Junior Tournament, we've been without hockey for too long.

I could use more AHL games on the TV. Hear that FSD??

I can't believe how much stuff I've been getting done around the house lately, though. Watched a few minutes of Piston's basketball and had to turn it off. Just can't watch basketball anymore. Or maybe it's just the Pistons...

I really thought there would be an agreement before the end of the year. Now it looks like the entire season is in jeopardy. :(

The problem is, both Fehr and Bettman have massive egos. The bulk of both players and owners want to play. They understand that this is not just a short term loss, but hurting the leagues image. Unfortunately, neither Fehr or Bettman can get over themselves, and you have the Jeremy Jacobs (I'm a bruins fan, but I can see his angle clear as day) type pushing Bettman.

Until the party leaders realize that arguing over future revenue and holding off a season (and likely losing the revenue they're battling over in the process) this wont end.

Hopefully, the silver lining will be that Bettman leaves the post and someone who cares about the game comes in. Anyone who would do this to fans and players clearly has little respect for the sport or fans.

I love watching hockey but this crap makes me not really care anymore. Just a big money grab. They don't give a darn about the fans.

Latest posts

Back