Help with Logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adeering

Reaction score
Ive been trying to get a logo on paper for awhile, but my artistic capability is next to none and havent found anyone willing to draw for free (cant afford to pay money for a drawing :( ) But Recently I was given permission to use a drawing I stumbled upon that matched the idea almost exactly that I had in my head. The problem:

1. Its a black and white sketch so need to color it
2. Need to make it into a logo with brewing name on it
3. I have very limited experience with Photoshop and have no idea how to properly do this to make it look nice.

So I come to the wonderful family of HBT and ask for help. If anyone has experience with photoshop (or equivalent program) and some time to spare and would like a quick project to help a fellow homebrewer then let me know and Ill send you the drawing.

Id appreciate the help and thanks

If you don't have photoshop, GIMP is a free option that is almost as capable:
GIMP for Linux
GIMP for Windows
GIMP for OS/X

There are a lot of tutorials on the GIMP homepage, and tutorials for photoshop can generally be applied.

But, if the picture is a line drawing (i.e. minimal shading) you'd be better off converting it to a vector drawing. Vector drawings are infinitily scalable without pixelization, giving you much more flexibility in their use. Inkscape, another free option (or Adobe Illustrator, the non-free option) can be used for this. Here's a tutorial on how to convert to a line drawing.

I've done all my labels and logos in illustrator, which is equivelent to inkscape. The examples I've posted here:
Some early concepts for my brewery name.
My first "tax-stamp" style label.

My current brewery logo:
SuiGeneris.png

Hope that helps

Bryan

I have both gimp and photoshop, but my problem is I dont know how to navigate them. Ive never really been artistic and havent really done anything with either.

Still looking for help? I'd be willing to pitch in. What is the picture you're looking to color and what would you like done to it?

I am still looking for some help, still at work for a 13 hour day so ill pm you tomorrow about it. Thanks

bryggerilogo.png

I hardly think this will going to help you, but this thread made me realize I need a image for the actual brewery (and not just the labels) and this is the result. Needs to be worked on and I need to find some plugin and/or tutorial to help me age it a bit.

Latest posts

Back