Going To Be In Southbend Indiana This Weekend 11/06-11/09

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewsbrothers

Reaction score
I am going to be in south bend indiana this weekend for the Notre Dame vs Navy game and was wondering if anyone new any places to go in the area to grab some good beer or even if anyone knew a good place to tailgate on campus or around let me know

Fiddler's Hearth downtown will be your best bet for the best selection of beers on tap. As far as tailgating, just walk around the stadium parking lot and have fun. Good food and beer are everywhere. There is a restaurant/bar/club on the campus called Legends of Notre Dame. They can have a pretty good selection of beers on tap too. Just around the corner from Fiddler's on Jefferson Blvd. is City Wide Liquors. They are going to have the best variety of beer if you're looking to pick up some to take back to the hotel room. Fiddler's and City Wide are both very close to the College Football Hall of Fame which you should check out to if that's your thing.

-Chip

Get some Three Floyds while you're there. I can't tell you any store names. I just know that Three Floyds comes from Indiana. Git sum!

Iechyd Da Brewery thats really helpful thanks alot, there will be places around campus we can buy beer and drink? I am not sure on what there rules are around tailgateing @ Notre Dame this is only my second game I am from Buffalo Ny. Went last year and really took in everything this year we really want to see the fan scene and the parking lots and afterwards find some good food and great beer around town.

The Linebacker Lounge, Between the Buns sports bar, and Main Street Pub are all right there by campus on South bend Ave. If you want Italian there is Parisi's on South Bend Ave. and a Granite City Brewery (chain micro) at University Park Mall. Also, Belmont Beverage, right next to The Linebacker Lounge has a pretty decent micro selection too.

I would grab some beer and a cooler with wheels and cruise the parking lots. Wouldn't be a bad idea to pack some food too and extra beer. You'll have plenty of opportunity to swap beers and food with other tailgaters.

Given the size of South Bend it's surprising but it is not what I would call a beer town. For the most part the overall selection is not very good.

Back