I couldn't wait two weeks...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lroog

Reaction score
I am on my first batch ever. It had been one week into botteling last Friday and I just couldn't wait and I wanted to see what it was like , I opened a bottle.

I made beer! However, it was a bit watery. Do you think it will get stronger with more botteling time?

Thanks.
:mug:

patience is a virtue! wait until that stuff is correctly carbed, then stick it in the fridge for 3-4 weeks and you won't believe how good it is!

No it won't get stronger. It'll probably will taste a great deal better after a few more weeks.

Distract yourself by concentrating on brewing a new batch that will be ready by the time you finish drinking this one up.

Good luck have patience grasshopper...

Yes, probably the hardest part of being a home brewer is waiting for the beer to condition. I have been known to be very impatient as well! But it is best to let those buggers sit for a few weeks to best taste.

Most lighter beer will taste watery when it's not carbonated. The carbonation will increase flavor (or at least it will taste fuller). I did the exact same thing as you with brew #1 and was shocked how much carbonation helps.

Now on batch #30 I can wait another week before I taste. LOL MAYBE by batch 100 I can wait the full 3 weeks.

The solution to that is to brew more

No - that won't help! Well, maybe getting past that 1st week. Week two things are taking shape and I believe you can get a pretty good idea on what the finished product (still 4 months away) will be.

Thanks everybody! This board is awesome.

Hopefully soon I'll actually be able to help answer questions here and not just ask them.

How does one give rep on this board?

:mug:

Back