My Fermenter still smells like beer. Do I need to keep trying to clean it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miner33

Reaction score
I can't get rid of the beer smell in my fermenting bucket. Does this even matter? Of course I'm going to sanitize before using again, but I thought I'd ask.

I have the same "problem". I don't worry about it though because there's just going to be more beer going in there. You could do an oxyclean soak if your really worried about it, but i find that unnecessary.

It doesn't matter. As long as you get the crud off and sanitize before the next use, smelling like beer won't hurt a thing (unless you're going to make wine or something, then I don't know if it would affect it).

It doesn't matter. As long as you get the crud off and sanitize before the next use, smelling like beer won't hurt a thing (unless you're going to make wine or something, then I don't know if it would affect it).

yeah, if your going to do wine spring for a second bucket. The beer/hop taste will make it into the wine.

My bucket has the same smell after every brew as well. I have found that an overnight soak in oxyclean removes the odor. I don't know if it is necessary, but it gets rid of the smell.

Latest posts

Back