Harrisburg Brewers Fest 6/21, who's goin'?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be at the first session too. This will be my first time there. What's the scene like, and does it get super crowded?

Me + a lot of buddies for the 2nd session. I've been to all of them.

It used to be more crowded when they only had one session. It's better now that they split it up. I have never been to the 1st session.

It's my favorite fest, and not just because of the home ice advantage. It's very similar to Kennett Square's fest. Every year it's been sunny and 70 degrees... hoping the heat breaks and this year's the same. I love drinking outside between the tall buildings!

I'll be at the first session too. This will be my first time there. What's the scene like, and does it get super crowded?

Last year was my first time and it wasn't overly crowded. Pretty easy to get a beer. No long lines at the Port-A-Potty. :cross:

It's not as bad as it was a few years ago, but it's still crowded (imho). at least the lines to the whizzer are shorter.

Wasn't it last year or like 2 years ago that it was hot as all get out? I don't remember it being a nice cool 70 that's for sure.

I think last year was the hottest... 80 maybe. Who knows, I was drinking. The year before that was pretty hot for my friends as we decided to try Troeg's Naked Elf at McGrath's before the brewfest... Sort of a mistake right there :drunk:

I may be there, may not... I also have the 'home ice' advantage for this one, but I am leaving for Dallas on business early Sunday, so I should use Saturday to pack and just relax with friends/family before heading away for 7 days or so...

If I can convince some of those 'friends and family' to hit the fest, I am there though...

The other thing I will consider is the weather... I will be less likely to go if its 95F and humid. I don't need to be crowded in with people, drinking strong beers, in that temp...

Tickets for the 2nd session are going fast... Should be sold out this week.

Anyone who is thinking about it should act quickly...

I'm convincing the brother in law to come with. If not, got room for a tag along, Firebrewer?

I have 4 seats and 4 people in my vehicle at the current time...unless you want to ride on the roof. ;) If anything changes I'll give you a quick shout though.

I thought I saw womewhere in the event site that they limit it to 2800 people. I am assuming that is for each session. This is my first fest and I have the advantage of not having to find a place to park. If the crowd is 2800/session how crowded is it? Is the festival on third from market to Locust and then down Locust to 2nd?

weather for Sat. 84 sunny 53% humidity. Pretty close to average.

It's in the alley behind fasaga and that small parking lot there, then about a half block of 3rd street.

sometimes it's really crowded because it's basically in the shape of a T so there's a big bottleneck right at the meeting spot.

Tickets for the 2nd session are going fast... Should be sold out this week.

Friend of mine at work yesterday said the second session is now sold out, so he'll be at the first too. I didn't think it was too bad last year.

Hope the weather will be like it has been the past two days! :rockin:

Yeah, you enter at 2nd and Locust. Then it's all of Locust between 2nd and 3rd and 3rd street from Walnut, north to Pine.

I've never felt like it was too crowded, and I've always been to the more crowded 5pm session.

Saturday: Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the mid 60s.

FYI - This went out to Westy's Beer Distributor's mailing list:

Post-Event: Harrisburg Brewers Festival

McGrath's Pub
202 Locust St
Harrisburg, PA 17101
(717) 232-9914

LIMITED RUSSIAN RIVER DAMNATION BOTTLES AVAILABLE!!!

A special thanks to all who work and support craft beer in Central Pennsylvania.

Direclty outside the festival gates for your convenience after a hard days work sampling beers in downtown Harrisburg. All are welcome!!!

GOODIES LIST (DRAFT) ......to name a few........

*Oskar Blues Ten Fidy Imperial Stout* 99/100 Ratebeer.com (RARE!!!! Stashed specifically for this event)
*Allagash White*
*Ballast Point Black Marlin Porter*
*Ballast Point Big Eye IPA*
*Belhaven Scottish Ale*
*Bell's Two Hearted Ale (aka 'Dos Corozones')
*Bell's Oberon Ale (Plus 5 Liter Mini kegs for take out)
*Blue Point Hoptical Illusion*
*Great Divide St. Bridget's Porter*
*Lindeman's Framboise*
*Original Sin Cider*
*Stone Ruination IPA*
*Unibroue Ephemere (Apple)
*EVERY TROEGS NORMAL RELEASE PRODUCTION BEER*

GOODIES LIST (BOTTLES).......to name a few.........

RUSSIAN RIVER DAMNATION (FOR REAL!!!!)
*Avery 'The Czar'
*Brooklyn Local 1
*Gouden Carolus Grand Cru of the Emperor
*Ommegang 3 Philosophers
*Poperings Hommelbier
*Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
*St. Bernardus Pater
*St. Bernardus Tripel
*St. Bernardaus Abt. 12
*Stone Vertical Epic 07.07.07
*Unibroue Quelque Chose (This beer can be heated)
*Urthel Quad
*Urthel Bock
*Urthel Hop-It

PLUS......Many more great beer surprises!!!!

Thanks again to everyone who work and support great beer!!!

Your Friend In Great Beer,

George F. Bradley III
General Manager
Westy's Beer Distributor, Inc.

While in the process of buying tickets, about to press the submit button, I got called into work that day...bastards. Well, its more money to spend on grains and hops later. Let us know how it goes.

As usual it was a good fest. My only thing having done it 5 times now is that it doesn't change. Same crew there every year, and really nothing new in the way of beers. Not that they're bad beers, but they're the same beers. Not really a new interesting experience when you have the same Penn Pilsener every year.

I'm thinking of not going next year.

I had to crack up when before the first session one of the 2nd st bars had a girl walk down the line talking about their great drink specials on miller lite and bud lime...

Correct me if I am wrong, but if your Rouge, wouldn't you have made sure that your flagship beer is at the festival (Dead Guy no show) and if your dogfish show that your not just a 2 trick (50 and 90 min IPA) pony? Although I guess you don't mess with success.

I would've liked to have seen more than just Pilsners and wheats, but it is June and 85-90° out. :drunk: Good time overall, wasn't too crowded, easy to get a beer---but why do some people feel the need to stand directly in front of where they got their beer and drink after they get it? GTFO the way! :D

When I was at Dogfish Head during the 2nd session, they poured Raison d'Etre and 60 Minute.

I'm a 5 for 5 vet myself and yeah, not much change. But it's about the only one I go to anymore, and it's local, so I see myself keeping it up.

Back