Triple SMASH Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radecky

Reaction score
Last night I was enjoying a nice year old stout, when an idea hit me. (More than likely not a new idea) and I thought I would weigh in on the experts.

Would these scenarios have the same flavor profile, an benefit of doing it one way vs. another besides the additional work?

Three SMASHs with 3 different grains and 3 different hops combined at the end of fermentation.

VS

One large batch with the same 3 grains as above with the same 3 hops in one brew.

B-

Thats in interesting concept. I think it would really highlight the attributes of blending vs one big batch. Its hard to say how it would turn out.

That is what I thought, Kind of deconstructing a recipe and rebuilding for a new dimension on a recipe. I suppose you could do it with a established recipe as long as it isnt too crazy with the grain bill

I think there would be benefits with both. I am curious if anyone has done this.

B-

This opens up the possibility of making several different blends by using different proportions of each brew. Might be a good way to discover new potential recipes.

Latest posts

Back