suggestion for pacman yeast cake?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwf137

Reaction score
I'm brewing an extract version of the Dogfish Head 60 min IPA as we speak. (letting grains steep right now)

My LHBS had Pacman yeast, so i grabbed two activator packs. (no starter)

I was initially going to make a belgian white after this IPA, but i'm thinking of reusing the pacman yeast cake.

any suggestions for a good recipe to use with my pacman yeast cake?

^yea, that's definitely a good suggestion... it popped into my head right away, for the obvious reasons. I haven't had it in a really long time though, so i kinda forgot what style beer it was.

seems like that's top on my list right now.

I think you could do a good American hefeweizen with it. Use cascade instead of Saaz and dry hop it with another ounce of cascade. I just did a dead guy clone and a yellow snow IPA clone but they were both AG recipes and I wouldn't know how to convert them to extract. They both came out great, were true to the original beer, and were fermented in the high 40's F. Very bready but clean tasting.

hmm... american hefe. I didn't think about that, but it could work...

btw, the dogfish head 60min is looking spectacular. color looks perfect and it's got so much hoppy aroma already, can't wait to dry hop it.

Hit the recipe SG perfectly too.

You can brew practically any ale with pacman. In my experience it's basically a feistier, more flocculant strain of Cal Ale WLP001.

Back